Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Hey guys this is another filler chapter, everything seems to get wrapped up slightly in this chapter, next chapter features the arrival of Mikey's pack, and the representatives, the Alpha meeting is coming up. let me know your thoughts on the story so far and also the progression, and the pace of events in the story.

Enjoy.

Nai. XxX

The council replied back and informed us, that an investigator was on their way, so again we were playing a waiting game, the pack seemed to have settled slightly. Although there was still an undercurrent of unease, especially when Dean seemed to have made a recovery several days later, although some part of him understood that he had lost the fight, his wolf was dominant and didn’t like the fact that he had been beaten, after he had tried to insight fights. And mutiny within the pack several times, he was ordered and confined to his room until the investigator arrived.

Being Luna of the pack, wasn’t as hard as I first predicted, there was an adjustment to be made, but I found that I could be myself, just in a more maternalistic kind of way. A lot of my actions were based on blind instinct, and trust was placed in both me as a Luna, and the pack who had betrayed me during my childhood. Sky seemed to take to being an Alpha like a duck out of water, he was born and Alpha so the instinct was instilled in him, he held regular one on one meetings with the different members of the pack, some of which I sat in on, basically as a way of putting a face to name, and matching a scent with the thread within the mind-link. Mikey shadowed Sky and helped wherever he could, although he was an Alpha by blood he hadn’t received the official Alpha training.

The investigator from the council arrived, a week after first contact, his exterior gave off a no-nonsense persona, very unapproachable, but I guess it was in his job description, when he arrived he went straight into the office with Mikey, being that he was a third party, and an Alpha who could relay events in an unbiased fashion, when they had finished he informed us that he would conduct interviews with random members of the pack, to ensure that the stories were unrehearsed, and a pack meeting needed to be held for which Dean had to be present.

“Ok everyone, listen up quickly I don’t want to take up too much of your time, my name is David, and due to the unforeseen circumstances I’ve been led to believe, the Pack, namely the new Alpha and Luna are under investigation to try and determine whether the challenge issued was above board and sound, with it is also the allegation that the previous Alpha forfeited the terms of the challenge and continued to attack after first blood had been claimed. I will be interviewing some of you at random, so when I call for you make your way swiftly to your Alpha’s office which is where I should be stationed” he glanced around the room “Can Dean Foster follow me please” and with that he exited the podium where he stood in our commune area, and proceeded to the office Dean trailing behind.

I looked over at the pack and their unease was palpable, clearing my throat I looked directly at them, “ I don’t want any of you to worry, this is all standard procedure when a new Alpha takes over a pack that hasn’t been handed directly to him, I want you all to relax and breathe, those of you who are called for an interview, just recall the events from your standpoint , don’t hold back, whatever is said will not be held against you, like I said we are all pack and, we support and aid one another, now put it to the back of your mind, and everyone go back to what you were doing before, you will be contacted if your needed.” And with that they all dispersed from the commune area, I felt two arms wrap around me and I leaned back, I wasn’t worried too much about what would happen today but, I had a niggling feeling that it wouldn’t all be smooth sailing, not everyone in the pack was thrilled at the turn of events, and there were some members that would prefer if Dean still had leadership.