Chapter 27

Chapter 27

Hey guys the battle should be next chapter, I hope you enjoy this one, I tried to fill in and answer some of the questions I felt had risen when reading everything over, if you have some unanswered questions just let me know and I will answer it as best as I can.

Enjoy

Nai. X

The next couple of weeks flew by quickly, we had settled into a fairly simple routine, with training being the main focus for the packs, we video-conferenced with the other Alpha’s often, and had seemed to strike up an easy camaraderie with them, by having a focused and common goal, the Alphas seemed to have developed a silent respect for me, something both me and Nia revelled in, although I wasn’t comfortable with compliments, I could see for myself how far I had come, and becoming Luna of the pack, had seen me develop and grow into myself, both me and Sky were still young, both in our early twenties, and the strength and decisions that we had been making show that we are a good Alpha pair, some Alpha’s take time to develop the  connection with their pack, and make informed decisions but we had taken it on our chin, and it seemed to come naturally.

I was happy, because Grey was coming back today he said he had a few things to talk to me about, I was just thrilled I got to see him again, I liked being Luna of the pack but with that came the hierarchy, and everyone treated me with reverence, whereas with Grey he treated me my age, a father talking to their child, I relished the time we spent together, because it felt like a normal relationship. Things between Sky and I had been great, the separation between us had shown that it wasn’t healthy to act separately we were an Alpha couple therefore decisions had to be made as one. The funny thing about us was that most Alpha couples have a more dominant force in the duo, namely the Alpha, but with us things were purely equal we balanced each other perfectly, and on top of that Sky didn’t feel the need to dominate and prove ownership he liked me for me, and didn’t feel the need to make any appearances for others. The pack seemed to appreciate and respect the direction that we brought, and the displays of affection that consumed us on occasion, it was humorous how many times we were caught making out, when we happened to encounter one another around the pack house.

I was sitting outside the packhouse for a brief moment of relaxation when I heard a car pull up, smiling I went and saw Grey just getting out of the car, I ran over and gave him a hug, surprising him. Bear in mind the depth of my affection sprung up and solidified in a short amount of time, because of my lack of good relationships. He probably thought I was slightly loony, he patted my back affectionately, behind us I heard the door open and Charlie and Amie-Lynne came out, they both greeted Grey and we all went in the Packhouse and got him settled.

That evening after dinner, I went in search of Grey, I was eager to hear if he had found a way around this battle, I had butterflies in my stomach and I chuckled slightly, it was only now that I realised just how much this battle was getting to me and how much hope I had laid on this alternative idea for the rogues. Knocking on his door, I heard him call for me to enter. I saw him sitting on his couch reading over some papers and I went and sat beside him, after he was done he looked up and smiled at me, asking how I was doing I explained everything that had been going on with the pack, and the progress that we had made, “you know Kadie not many people could achieve all that you have, you should be happy, I know your parents would be” he sighed and I looked over at him, a sinking feeling came over me, “ Grey what’s wrong”, he looked at my eyes liking his was assessing me.

“As you know I went to the council and I explained the situation and the Prophecy to them, Iris already knew part of the situation, we looked through the archives and found the initial ruling that had been passed and tried to understand the reasoning behind it, Kadie I’m so sorry but there really is nothing we can do, the rogues cannot continue to roam around, if their natures did not devolve, making them more wolf we would be able to come up with an alternative, but you have to understand, by allowing them to roam free, we are condoning their actions, not making an effort to put a stop to it, if a rogue attacks another person, because of their nomad like behaviour we wouldn’t know how to hunt that rogue down and hold them responsible for their actions. If a rogue was so far gone in its nature, they could reveal us to the humans, drawing danger to us the safety of our people, lie in this battle and making sure that the rogues submit, realise I said submit and not kill, there will be some deaths, no one will escape unscathed, once they submit I’m sure we could come up with something that could appease them, and make them realise we don’t want to hold them captive, but I don’t see that happening the easy way, there is no way out of this Kadie.” He had a solemn look on his face. I was disappointed I had really wanted to find a way out of this but I shook off the feeling now that I knew that there was no chance of avoidance, all my thought and preparation was going to go into training and strategy, and there was no reprieve to be had. Thanking him I made to leave, he tugged on my hand, “that wasn’t all I wanted to discuss with you, as you know Amie-Lynne is the only family I have got, and my work with the council is coming to an end really soon, I’ve grown fond of your pack and you in general, when I retire I will be pack-less, and I wanted to ask if I could join your pack once I am done” I smiled he actually looked a little nervous, “ of course you can Grey I would be honoured to have you as a member of my pack” I hugged him tightly and left him to rest.