20. | G I R L F I G H T

Start from the beginning

"Are you feeling any better?"

"Huh?"

"Yesterday you told me you weren't feeling too good again - - the flu or something," Allison dug into her food, "Did you take some medicine?"

"Ayi dios mio, mama - - today, I almost threw up my turkey sandwich on Madame's head," she swirled her fork around the food, "I was feeling so sick in class - - I think it might be a stomach virus - - I can't keep anything down and sometimes when I smell foods I get nauseous - -," she held her stomach and looked down at the lasagna that Allison had heated up for her. A minute ago that lasagna seemed so appetizing but now it just churned Stoni's stomach, "I think I have to - - ," she held her hand over her stomach and ran to the bathroom and slammed the door.

Stoni grabbed the toilet bowl for dear life and threw up all that she had left in her, which was surprising because she thought she'd gotten it all out the first time. She heard Allison knocking but she couldn't speak - - her stomach was in knots and she felt horrible. "Stoni," Allison knocked again, "Honey are you alright in there?" A few minutes later after she assumed she was all done she came to the door and opened it and then walked back to the sink to rinse her mouth out with water.

"This stomach virus is worse than I thought," Stoni said.

"Stomach virus," Allison leaned on the door, "You know you've been sick ever since you came back from Paris. Are you sure it's just a stomach virus, Stoni?"

"What are you saying? Oh like I may have drank some weird water over there or something? Hmm, that's possible - - I do - -,"

"No," Allison came closer and turned Stoni to her, "Stoni," she touched her cheek lovingly, "When's the last time you had your period?"

Stoni shrugged, "I don't know - - uh - - I usually remember but I've been so preoccupied lately."

"Was it this month? It's the end of the month now - - did you have it?"

"I honestly can't remember - - I probably did."

"Getting sick at the sight and smell of food, not being able to keep anything down - - Stoni that's all the symptoms of pregnancy - - I should know I had a child myself and that's exactly how I felt when I was pregnant with Jason."

"I'm sure it's not that," Stoni leaned down and splashed her face with water, "I'm not pregnant."

"Well I think we need to find out for sure," she rubbed her back, "Don't you?" Before Stoni could answer she was back on her knees throwing up into the toilet bowl again.

"Ughhhhh," she whined and held her stomach, "Close the door."

● ●

"There's that bitch right there. She coming out right there."

Destini looked up from the steering wheel of an all black unmarked truck and saw what she and Tanya had been waiting on all evening. Her blood began to boil when she saw the bitch sashaying out of her apartment like she was hot shit. Des's mind just began to rewind to how she felt when that tape showed up at her door and even further to when she'd met Aiko at the restaurant and when Aiko had approached her claiming she'd been fucking Carter.

Now that she knew it was true - - she'd seen it with her own eyes - - Destini had reached her breaking point and was intent on sending Aiko to her maker no matter what the cost.

"Yo let's get this bitch," Destini said, as she saw Aiko crossing the street in a pair of red bottomed pumps and a trench coat hiding her outfit.