20. | G I R L F I G H T

Start from the beginning

"Yes, madame," she slowly came to her feet, "I want this spot more than anyone here. I'm willing to practice how ever much it takes to be in the recital."

"Good," Stoni grabbed her bag, "Go home and work on the routine and I want to see that you've mastered it by Friday - - that's two days from now. If you need extra help I'm willing to work with you as best I can."

"Thank you so much," Stoni hugged her, "I really appreciate it."

"Go and get some rest tonight."

Stoni left school and headed for Allison's before heading home. Sometimes it got so lonely being in the big house that Carter bought her all alone and she hadn't seen him in a couple of days. He claimed he had a big deal on the table that he was working on and he was basically living at the office. Stoni had begged Carter to come and spend some time with her in between his breaks but he was committed to the business deal that he was working on so she hadn't seen him. She was upset about it but she tried hard not to let it show - - Allison however, could always see right through her because Stoni wore her emotions on her face.

"Ally! Where are you!?" Stoni closed the door behind her and sat her bag down on the floor before she advanced into Allison's apartment. A few seconds later Allison came out in a robe with her hair all tussled about, "You look like shit," Stoni said laughing, "Is that the 'I just had sex' hair?"

"Stay out of grown folks business," Allison said laughing and walking into the kitchen, "I'm starving."

"Where's Jason? School still?"

"Yup," Allison poured a cup of coffee and rummaged the fridge for food, "Oh, we got some lasagna from last night - - it was so good," she pulled it out and sat it on the counter, "There's a whole half a tray left if you want some."

"Mmmm, sounds good! Heat me up a plate."

"So how was school?"

"It was fine - - Madame thinks that I'm a shoe in for the spring recital," Stoni squealed, "She put in a word for me with the judges and all I have to do is nail the audition in a couple weeks. I'm so excited - - but so nervous," she watched as Allison heated their plates up, "So who's the lucky guy?"

"You know who," Allison said with her back turned, "Judas."

"Oh," she looked down at her fingers, "So you guys are getting pretty serious - - you and Judas?"

"We're not getting serious. Why do you say that? We're just friends. You know how it is, Stoni."

"I mean you two spend a lot of time together. You don't want to get serious?" She wondered why Allison was speaking as if she wanted Judas to be a fling. If she really wanted that she didn't think Ally would have had Judas hanging around so long, "I thought you wanted a relationship."

"Judas isn't that kind of guy," Allison pulled the plates out of the microwave, "He just wants to be friends."

"He doesn't even talk," she said, "And I think he hates me. He's always staring at me weird. I don't know - - how do you even have anything in common with him, Ally."

"He does too talk," Allison pushed Stoni's shoulder playfully, "Not much but - - we don't need to talk. Honey, when I tell you that man is a criminal in the bedroom," she shook her head slowly, "He licks EVERYTHING," Allison said laughing, "I'm talking kneecaps, kitty kat, and even you know where," Stoni covered her mouth, "Yes, there too. He's great in bed."

"Well at least you get to see Judas whenever you want," Stoni sighed, "Papi's always busy - - it's always work work work with him," she licked her lips and grabbed her plate and a fork, "I'm kinda upset with him right now. He promised to make time for me this week and I've barely talked to him. I hope he can come to the audition," she sighed again, "But I doubt it - - he'll probably be busy."