"You want to know what's going on. Open them. Read them." Lauren said. She watched as Camila started opening the letters. Lauren already knew what they said because she had received emails regarding their contents; the letters were just a formality.

"I applied for early admission to these schools. I also have been in communication with the hockey coaches of the schools." She said before walking out of the bedroom, giving Camila time to process.

This decision was going to be hard on the both of them, but Lauren knew that it was for the best; she was trying to do everything she could to minimize her student loan debt and get the best education so she could have a good job in the future to support Camila and the baby. She did apply to local schools, she did get into them, but none of them had hockey teams. None of them could offer her a full scholarship.

As Lauren walked downstairs to talk to her mom about dinner, Camila took the time to open each of the letters and read them over. Most of the schools were offering Lauren half academic scholarship and half sports scholarships, provided she remained healthy and performed well for the rest of the hockey season.

Camila was heartbroken. She didn't know what any of this meant; for her, for the baby, for their relationship. She was scared. She just set the letters aside and leaned back against her girlfriend's headboard, trying to keep her tears at bay.

Lauren came upstairs a few minutes later and saw Camila staring off into space, the letters neatly sat by her side.

"You're leaving me?" Camila mumbled as she looked up at Lauren with watery eyes.

The older girl let out a sigh as she looked at Camila, "I don't know yet. I'm trying to figure out what is best for me, for us and the baby." She said as she sat on the edge of her bed. She looked at Camila, surprised that the girl was reacting this well.

Before Lauren could say anything else, Camila was on her feet, walking over to grab her jacket.

"Where are you going?" Lauren asked as she stood up. She watched as Camila ignored her and headed toward her bedroom door.

Lauren was able to cut off her girlfriend's path, closing the door and standing in front of it. "What are you doing?" She asked Camila, her tone a little desperate. She didn't want Camila to walk away from this.

Camila had tears streaming down her face. She needed time to process this. "Just let me go, Lauren." She begged, avoiding eye contact with her girlfriend. "I need to go." She said as she tried to reach for the door handle.

"No." Lauren said, reaching out to grab Camila's wrists. "Why are you leaving? I know you're upset about all of this, but I'm with you no matter what." She said as she pleaded with Camila.

The younger girl tried to get her arms out of Lauren's grasp. She just wanted to leave and cry in peace. She knew that Lauren was trying to do everything she could for her and the baby, but it was hurting her to know that she would be left alone.

"Please. Just let me go, Lauren. I need to be alone right now." The girl said, her voice clearly broken.

Lauren contemplated pushing for Camila to stay, but she didn't want to cause any more problems than she already had. She sighed and dropped Camila's wrists. She put her hands up to cup her girlfriend's cheeks, "I love you." She said, voice full of emotion. "We can talk about this when you're ready." She said, placing a kiss to Camila's forehead, "I'm sorry. Just know that I'm doing this for us."

Camila let out a sad smile as she kissed Lauren's cheek, "I love you, too." She said. "I'll talk to you later."

Lauren frowned as she watched her girlfriend walk out of her room and down the stairs. She heard the front door shut and her mom's footsteps coming up the stairs.

"What happened, mija?" Clara asked her daughter. "Was Camila crying? What did you do?" She fired off questions at her eldest child.

"I don't know, mom. She saw the early admissions letters. She started crying and said she needed time to think."

Lauren started to cry as her mom pulled her into a hug, "Shh. It'll be okay, mija. It's all going to be okay, just give her time to digest the information."

Lauren hated that her girlfriend left, but she knew that she needed to give Camila her space. She just hoped that things would be fine in time for the shared family Thanksgiving in a few days.

AN: Hi. This chapter sucks. This is what happens when I write while I'm drunk lol.

So is Lauren actually going away to college, or did Camila jump the gun in assuming?

Also, your ideas for chapters are always welcomed! Also, ideas for new stories you would like me to write are cool, too.

As usual, hope you all enjoyed. The hard times are coming. Muahahaha. -Amanda