Truth Telling and Teasing

Camila was hanging out with Dinah at her house. She hadn't been spending much time with her friends outside of school since she and Lauren got together, and they were starting to become suspicious and annoyed, especially her best friend Dinah. Camila and Dinah got bored sitting around and ended up at the mall, per the request of her younger friend.

The two girls had been walking through the busy mall, going into various stores. Just before they were about to leave, Dinah pulled her into Victoria's Secret.

"Dinah, why the hell are we going in here?" Camila asked as she begrudgingly followed her friend in the store. She wanted to protest going in, but she felt bad for basically ignoring the taller girl outside of school.

Dinah looked at Camila as she pulled her over toward the sexy lingerie. "Valentine's day is coming up and I gotta look hot for Mani." The Tongan girl started searching through the options as she pulled a few out to try on. "How have things been since you and Michael broke up?" Dinah asked.

Camila felt her phone vibrate, instantly tuning out whatever Dinah was talking about. She pulled her phone out of her pocket and smiled as she saw her girlfriend's name pop up.

Lauren: Hallo. I miss you. I know we just saw each other Friday after school, but it's weird not hanging out with you on the weekend. I'm at this hockey thing, but I'll still be able to text if you want to talk. I love you, Camz. Hope you're having fun with Dinah.

The young Cuban was in her own world, re-reading the sweet text from Lauren. She felt a shove on her arm as she looked up. "Earth to Walz." Dinah said as she looked at Camila and rolled her eyes. "You've been glued to that thing lately. Obviously you've been fine since the break up with Michael. Who's the guy?"

Camila looked at her friend, trying to hide the small amount of panic in her eyes. She knows that Lauren wouldn't be cool with her telling Dinah about their relationship without talking to her first, but Dinah was her best friend.

"I'm not seeing anyone, Cheechee." Camila said as she tried to hide the disappointment in her eyes as she said it.

Dinah shrugged as she held up a few options, "Which one should I get?" The girl asked her best friend.

"I would go with the white. Mani will rip that off of you in no time. Speaking of which, where is Mani today?" Camila asked.

The younger girl kept all her choices, deciding she would try them all on anyway, "She's with the hockey team at some team event thing. She dropped me off at your place because she was picking up that Lauren chick and she lives next door to you." She said as they headed to the changing rooms.

"Oh, yeah. Lauren. Have you ever talked to her before?" Camila asked, wanting to gauge her best friend's opinion on the olde girl that she called her girlfriend.

Dinah nodded, "A couple times when Mani drove her home from a game or something. She's nice, I guess. Just really quiet. For all I know she may be weird or something because she doesn't really have any friends." The girl said as she went into the changing room. "Why do you ask?" Dinah said as she closed the door.

"No reason." Camila said as she pulled her phone out to text her girlfriend back. She ignored the comments that Dinah made about her girlfriend possible being weird because she knew it was far from the truth, but saying something would lead to suspicious looks.

Camila: i love u too babe. i wish we could be together rn. maybe ill see u tonite.

Camila: also, could i maybe tell dinah about us? i know u don't wanna tell anyone but its killing me to have to hide it from her. ur kinda friends with mani and dinah is her gf so i think she'll support it.