Chapter 8:Sage's biggest fear

Start from the beginning

I growled quietly in frustration at my predicament and looked around desperate to escape again.

"She's secured..." I heard Lucifers voice just outside, and could smell the Draggas presence.

As I expected, they came into the den one after the other. Like the coward I am, I pressed my scrawny body against the wall I was trapped against. I kept my ears back, but didn't submit my tail.

"Welcome back Sage." He said, stepping up close to me. He towered over me, but I looked up at him.

"You've been a naughty little Sikla lately. I hope you realize it won't go unpunished."

His voice droned on and I rolled my eyes. "I know, I know... You're going to hurt me so badly that I'll be bleeding into the next three moons.."

Though I knew this situation was bad, I couldn't help but express my frustration through sarcasm. It seemed to work the best sometimes.

"Well... It might just happen. To be honest, there's a good chance you'll be.... uncomfortable for a couple of months."

"What do you mean?" I asked. I didn't like where this was going.

"I have given my beta, lucky ol' Lucifer here, permission to... Complete the mating process with you."

That didn't sound right... I've never heard of this before. "What do you mean?" I narrowed my eyes at them.

"Oh, I forgot." He laughed. "She's almost two. Well, I'll let Lucifer explain this. Have fun you two." And with that, the Dragga of rogues left the den laughing.

Lucifers eyes fell upon mine and he drew closer to me. "I said I'd make you mine."

"I-I don't want this... Get away from me." My voice cracked again and instincts told me to either accept it, or tuck my tail tightly. I chose to tuck and growl.

"Sage, sage, sage honey. It'll be easier if you don't struggle, though you're making this fun for me."
----------------------------------------------

Cinder POV:

My eyes flared with anger at the leader of the rogues after seeing Sages body collapse in unconsciousness.

"Leave her be!! She's just a pup." I pleaded. Though there was nothing I could do against a pack. I can't even reach Sage because of the wolves that had her guarded from me.

"She's getting older, and she's got a mate to please." He rolled his eyes at me.

"Can't you see she's rejected him?! Are you blind?"

"No, thank you I can see and hear very well. It's just selective."

"Take me instead of her." I must've sounded like a pup because he laughed.

"I'll take you both anyways. You could be a persuasive piece to our problems. And, I could use a wolf of your strength."

"And if I don't come?"

"Then we'll still take the runt." He shrugged.

I let my tail drop. Though I wish I could be strong enough, there were just too many to fight. I know when and where to pick my fights, and this was not one of those times. The Dragga seemed to know what I'd do, so he turned and walked away. A Varg slightly smaller, grabbed Sage gently by the scruff and followed suit.