33 - Close Encounter

Veronica's POV

We get back to the hotel after our amazing day at the beach and get ready for the show. The beach was amazing, it was great to be able to have fun with everyone and not worry about my injury. Aaron and Nessa seem to be having a competition about something I don't even know.

I'm really excited to finish our European leg in a few days and start our African one because one of our best friends Estevan is going to be in Africa the same time as us! We have known Estevan since elementary school, and he is still awesome.

"You ready Nessa?" I call to the bathroom. "Yep! Just...need..to..put..on...the.. stupid...shoe!" She pants, obviously trying to stick her foot into am uncooperative shoe. My parents make their way to the car while I wait for Nessa. "Coming!" She pants, running out of the bathroom. She grabs her phone and wallet and we head out.

We arrive at the theatre and Petunia does our makeup, as always. "Did you know that there are two workers here called Carol and Helen?" Nessa asks me. I shake my head and laugh. "That's a coincidence!" I smile, Petunia gets annoyed at me. "Sorry." I smile, doing duck lips as I am instructed.

We head on stage and get greeted by all our viewers. "Hey! Thanks for coming! We thought we would spice it up and do Valentine's Day first,then a Halloween special seeing as it is only a week away!" I yell in to my mic. Everyone screams and I smile at
Nessa. She smiles back and runs to get some props from backstage.

We tell a few jokes, sing a few songs and play a few games, and before your own it,two hours is up and everyone has to leave. "Thanks for coming!" Me and Nessa chorus. Everyone claps as we leave the stage, and the theatre slowly empties.

----
4 days later

"Roni have you seen my charger? I want to take it to the show!" Nessa yells at me. "No!" I yell from the bathroom. "Never mind I found it!" She laughs. I grin and flush the toilet, hopping over to wash my hands. I look into the mirror and for once feel appreciated by someone. I had an amazing Skype date last night with Collins, and it makes me happy knowing at least one person other than my family cares about me.

What if he was my family? What if he is my family? What if we have a family? All these random thoughts run through my mind until Nessa yells at me. "Hurry up Georgia's waiting!" She yells. I snap out of trance and turn off the water. I grab my crutches and we make our way to our last Georgia show.

"Thanks for coming! Have a great night!" We wave into the crowd after our show. Nessa indulges Aaron in a hug and I hug my Dad. "That's it! Europe is done!" I smile at Nessa with a fake smile. I am sad because it is one step closer to the tour finishing, but I am also happy because the tour went so well. I am also extremely excited about seeing Estevan for the first time in a while.

We head back to the hotel and gather our things, preparing for our late flight. We grab some food on the way to the airport seeing as we didn't eat dinner, and eat it cramped in the back of a 5 seat car. We arrive at the airport with full stomachs. We check our bags to the plane and run through security. We sit by the window watching the darkness until our gate is called.

"Gate 14 please board your flight to Egypt." "That's us!" My mum smiles, helping me up. We board the plane and put our carry ons above us. Aaron got a different seat so he is all the way atthefont, whilst we are at the back. He keeps looking back at Nessa, but she is I the middle and i am on the edge so he can only see me. It's kind of funny actually.

We arrive in Egypt airport to be greeted by Estevan. "Estevan!" Me and Nessa scream. Nessa runs and hugs him, turning Aaron's face pink. "Aw don't get jealous, we have Ben best friends for a while." I laugh, patting him on the back then going in for a hug with Estevan. "What on earth happened?" He asks me, pointing at my foot.

"I was in a car crash like four months ago, haven't you heard?" I ask, he shakes him head. "I have five metal rods in my foot." I smile. He stand there astonished. "How are you so happy?" He asks grinning. "Oh, I'm used to it." I smile, hugging him again.

Estevan invited us to stay at his uncles house in Egypt, so we don't need a hotel. We follow his car back to his house and a familer smell hits my nose as we enter the house. "This smells like 5th grade." I smile as I walk in. He grins and pulls out some chocolate hazelnut toffee. "Just like how we had it when we were little!" Nessa coos. We both take a piece and munch into the chewy toffee.

We bonded over Hazelnut and Chocolate toffee in 5th grade, when Estevan brought some for the class. He sat at our table and we instantly became friends. "There is a spare room with a double bed down that hall, another at the end and there is a mattress in my room." Estevan smiles. We thank him and Nessa, Aaron and my parents find their rooms while I follow Estevan. "Sleepovers!" He grins like a little girl. I laugh and set down my things in his room.

Estevan introduces us to his Uncle and we all sit around the living room talking. "What time is your show tomorrow?" Estevan asks us. "I think we have a 4:00 show and a 7:00 show." Nessa grins. "Cool. I'm taking you somewhere exciting." He smirks, and skips off to bed. I laugh and follow him. We chat in his room for about an hour until my eyelids close and I drift off to sleep.

"Morning!" Estevan yells into my ear. "But it's early!" I groan, opening my eyes. "It's 8:00 and if we want to make our reservation we will need to leave now." Estevan smiles. I grab his hand and stand up, ushering him out of the room so I can change. I freshen up in the bathroom and head downstairs to find everyone looking at me. "Took you long enough." Nessa laughs. "Beauty takes its time." I laugh, caressing my cheek. "Well I look the same as you and I got ready quicker." Nessa smirks. "Oh...a... Let's just go." I laugh, turning red. We hop in Estevans car and drive to our destination.

We arrive at a Outdoor Animal Park, or OAP. Estevan shows us around, and we can actually interact with the animals. We hop in a jeep and begin our tour around the plains. Me and Nessa feed giraffes and pat Zebras, along with many other animals. "Stay still, the lions are attracted to movement." The speaker says as we reach the lions. Everyone sits down in their seats.

A little boy in front of us moves in excitement and a female lion sticks her head up. The little boy decides to jump over his mother and run to the front of the Jeep. The speaker face palms and begins to slowly move the jeep forwards.  All of a sudden 3 female lions and a male lion chase after us, climbing us the sides of the jeep, everyone is really scared. One gets really close to me and roars, I scream and hug my Dad. The jeep speeds off faster and faster, the lions chasing us. We get to the gate and it won't open. The driver won't get out because, well, he does not want to be eaten, so we are all stuck.

More lions of the pack come over and sniff the jeep, pawing at it and roaring. The gate opens and the jeep rolls out, but the gate doesn't close in time. The lions come running around the corner and out into the park. The jeep talks on his walkie talkie but all you can hear are screams.

A very loud scream in particular is one I recognise as my mothers. She stayed behind with Estevans Uncle. "Mummy." I say with concern to my dad. His face is the same as mine. All of a sudden we see all the lions being chased back into the enclosure. The jeep is silent as well as the park. The jeep slowly makes its way back.

What I see when the jeep pulls round the courier is horrifying. There, lying on the ground covered in blood is my own mother. Nessa looks at me with yorror and we all run out of the jeep. "Mummy!" I cry. We stay with her. Some lady who is a nurse is helping her, and people are calling the ambulance. All of a sudden the nurse screams. "Some tell 111 to hurry! We are losing her!"

A/N another chapter like I promised. This is intense! There wasn't enough to drama, but the next few chapters will be intense so stay tuned! Hope you ar enjoying, tell me what you think! -zozobear