8 - Home?

Veronica's POV

"Roni!" Nessa screams from next to me. We are back in my old room and I am propped up on a pillow reading a magazine with my good hand. My legs are are raised, and Nessa and Collins are on their phones beside me. "What?" I ask, she sounds excited. Collins looks up at her. "Guess what we hit!" Nessa squeals, tears forming in her eyes. "2.." I mouth. She nods. "2 MILLION SUBSCRIBERS!" We scream in unison. "Congrats girls!" Collins hugs me, then hugs Nessa.

Just as if on cue, my parents walk in, holding my favorite little doggy. "Tiger!" Me and Nessa squeal. Nessa runs to pick him up. She brings him over to me. "I've missed you!" I coo in tigers ear, while he sniffs at my hand cast. "Thanks for coming! I'm sure you've heard that..." I start excitedly, when my daddy cuts me off. "That you can come home! Yes we've heard! We got an email from the hospital! They said they wouldn't be telling you for two hours, but they must already have!" My daddy comes and hugs me. "What!"

I squeal. Nessa looks just as shocked as me. "We didn't, did Susan come in while I was sleeping?" Collins asks me and Nessa. We both shake our heads. "What? I thought that was the big news?" Daddy looks confused. "We hit 2 million subscribers!" Nessa and myself chorus. My daddy's face turns from a look of confusion to a look of joy. "Congratulations!" My dad yells and hugs us both. "But hold up, Roni can come home?" Nessa smiles, looking at me. "Yeah, not sure if I should've told..." Daddy starts. "Sorry I'm early, but.. Oh, I see. You've probably already told them, Peter was it?"

Susan bursts in the room looking flustered. All our faces turn to shocked. "Paul." My mother smiles. "Yes, and was it okay?" Daddy asks, putting his hands in his pockets. "Yes it was fine. Veronica, veronica." Susan walks past Collins and over to my bed. She consults a clipboard. "Okay Veronica, you will be able to go home tommorow morning, in a wheelchair, because you obviously you aren't capable of using your legs. You still have your hand in a sling, and will need to come back in 1 week to get your cast off, and checked. Your head will need un-stitching in 4 days. We will email you all of this, and surgeries, physical therapy, any other information. You will be strictly on this diet and schedule." She hands my mother a piece of paper, "And will follow it exactly." She emphasizes the 'exactly'. She smiles and rushes out of the room.

"When your home we can make a 2 million subs video!" Nessa squeaks. "I think Collins and Devan should be in it too." I smile, grabbing Collins hand. "Can't wait. And I'm sure Devan will because Vanessa's in it." We all laugh, and start talking about ideas.

"We can't do another song Collins." Nessa yawns. Collins frowns. "But your good singers." I pat him on he knee. "Oh!" Nessa screams. "What?" My daddy says, worried. "I thought of the perfect idea!" We all listen in. Her idea is perfect, everyone is involved, even my mommy, who is camera shy. We plan out the details, and Collins falls asleep over me. Nessa helps my dad push him onto the couch, and Nessa yawns again. "Go to sleep Nessa. Like tiger!" I point to the floor where tiger is sleeping. "Okay." She yawns again, slowly walking over to a chair. She rests her head on daddy's shoulder and falls asleep.

-------

Vanessa's POV

It's the next morning and Roni can come home! I wake up at 8, and see that my parents have gone home. They left a note saying they would be back at 10. I heard my stomach rumble, and look around for tiger. My parents must've taken him. I quickly scribble down a note to Roni and Collins and walk down to the restaurant. I see a familiar face, as I move closer I realize who it's, and my face enlightens.

"Mrs Bradshaw!" I smile, as she stands up and hugs me. "Vanessa dear! You've grown so much! What brings you to the hospital at such an early hour?" Mrs Bradshaw asks me, patting my shoulder. "Ronis actually been here for over a month because she's been in a car accident. And I have been here every day. But she is getting emitted out today." I say, while Mrs Bradshaw's face grows an anxious and worried look. "Is she okay? Is it as bad as when you were in my class?" Mrs Bradshaw laughs. "Yeah, she's healing. I remember that day." I have a flashback of first grade.