Chapter Five

The next morning, I wake up and everything comes rushing back to me. The concert, getting kicked out of the house, getting on Black Veil Brides's tour bus...

Suddenly remembering where I am, I leap out of the bunk I had fallen asleep in and stagger out of the bunk area and in to the living area of the bus. Luke and the other members of Black Veil Brides are sitting around the table, looking pretty serious. They look up at me and smile. 

"Morning, Kath," Luke says wearily. "Had a good sleep,"

"I'll say," Jinxx smiles. "It was my bunk she fell asleep in,"

It had to be Jinxx's didn't it? Jake is staring at me with his blank, unreadable face. What's his problem?

"Oh, I'm s-sorry," I bite my lip. 

"Nah, he's cool with it," Andy rolls his eyes. "Sit and eat. We're going to drop you off at the hospital-"

"Why?" I ask, confused. 

"Don't you remember?" Luke looks at me. "Mum? Car crash? Kind of the reason Dad kicked us out,"

"Oh my God," I sit down. I can't believe I forgot. I was never very close with Mum. It was kind of like two strangers living under the same roof. 

Jinxx wraps his arms around me, holding me close. "We're on our way there now. I'm sure she'll be fine,"

I sit in silence for the entire trip not talking to anyone, not even Luke. After ten minutes the bus stops and Luke and I climb out. Jake, Jinxx and Andy follow us. 

"We'll wait here," Ashley says. "You guys go on in," 

We nod and make our way into the hospital. I've been fighting tears the entire time and there's no way I'm going to start bawling now. Not in front of Andy, Jake or Jinxx. Speaking of, why the hell is Jake coming in? I thought he didn't even like me. 

"Come on, let's find her," Luke takes one of my hands and Jinxx takes the other. I don't even care about whether or not my hands were sweaty. 

"Excuse me," someone interrupts us. "But what are you doing here?"

Standing there is a pretty ginger girl who I think is a medical student. She's wearing a name tag that says Allyson Smith. 

"We're looking for someone," I swallow. "Sadie Dawson," 

"What's she in here for?" Allyson asks. "I might be able to help you,"

"Car crash," Luke informs. "Last night," 

"Ah, yes. I remember," Allyson sighs. "Well she's doing okay. I'm fairly sure she'll make a recovery,"

I feel like the weight of the world had been lifted off my shoulders and I let out a sigh of relief. "Can we go see her?" I ask Allyson. 

"I think so," she nods. "What relation are you to her?"

"I'm her daughter," I say. 

Allyson squints at me, trying to get a resembelence. I look like my Dad, whoever the hell he may be. Mum's little, blonde, slightly tanned and has green eyes. I'm tall, pale and have dark brown hair and eyes. 

"And I'm her stepson," Luke adds. 

"Who're you?" Allyson eyes Andy, Jake and Jinxx. "I mean, I know who you are. You're Black Veil Brides. But...are you related to Mrs. Dawson in any way?"

"No," Andy shakes his head. "We're um...looking after them,"

"Well I'm afraid you can't come in with them," Allyson says. "I really am sorry. But you can wait outisde her room," she smiles. "Come with me. Oh, I nearly forgot. Names please,"