The project (Adrienette)

Another day, another span of excuses. I rush into class late. I slept through my alarm, again. In my defense, I was up late last night on patrol with Chat. But I can't tell anybody that, obviously, so I just mumbled an excuse that I had slept in.

I felt eyes on me when I pulled open the classroom door, turning crimson as I rush to my seat right next to Alya.

"Girl you need to get a better alarm, that's the fifth time you were late this week!" Alya whispers turning to me, her eyes filled with laughter and I could tell she was biting her tongue from laughing at me.

"I'm sorry I was up late last night" is all I say giving her an apologetic look.

I smile to myself at my ability to explain what happened without going into detail, thankfully she doesn't seem to notice the difference in my facial expression so I quickly shrug it out and try to think of something else to occupy my mind with.

Life would be a lot easier if I didn't have to keep such a big secret from my best friend, but I can't tell her that I was on patrol with Chat - I can't. So, I simply shake the thought off before pulling out my schoolwork and copying down the homework on the front board.

Ms. Bustier quickly pulled everyone's attention to the front of the class by coughing into her first,

"Okay everyone, For this weeks assignment I'm going to be a little challenging on all of you - I will be assigning you partners to work on a 2,500 word essay on the city's heros Ladybug and Chat Noir."

Chloe immediately reacts by bursting with a bunch of high-pitched comments of how it should be an essay on Queen bee, her alternative self, but the idea erupts laughter all throughout the classroom.

Ignoring her, as usual, my mouth stumbles open, well this will be the easiest essay I've ever wrote...

"Mylene, and Ivan" The teacher starts listing off partners individually,
"Juleka and Alix."
"Nino and Alya."
"Sabrina and Chloe"
"Kim and Rose"
"Nathaniel and Lila"
"Marinette Dupain-Cheng and ... Adrien Agreste"
"Max and-"

I didn't hear anything after that, I can't believe I was partnered up with Adrien, what am I going to do? I can't even speak to him without stuttering!
How was I suppose to form a full on conversation with him?

Alya didn't seem to notice my immediate panic and disorientation because she was busy flirting with her partner, Nino.

I shift back into focus in time to see Adrien turn around in his chair to face me, a breathtaking smile across his face.

"I'm glad we're partners Marinette! My fathers attending a conference till the weekend, could we work at your house?" Adrien asks giving a genuine smile that made my heart flutter.

"O-of c-course, I m-mean uh s-sure" Dang it! Why do I have to stutter every time I try to talk with him?

Adrien nods in appreciation before turning his head back to the front of the classroom listening to the teacher talk about algebra equations, but all I heard was

"blah blah blah, making the total cost of the item, x the dependent variable..." Since when the hell was this a math class?

I couldn't really understand what Ms. Bustier was trying to say, all I could think about was Adrien coming over to my house!

Oh, my gosh, my heart drops. I have posters of him on my wall! I have to take them down before he sees them but how? I sit in silence for a couple minutes deep in thought before getting the perfect idea, the bell rings, just in time. Class ends and I quickly rush out the door ignoring Alya's comment on "She must have drank too much water or something" to Nino.