Cassie's Secret Revealed

“Rick, I need to tell you something,” Cassie says softly to Rick on a Saturday. They are both in an ice-cream shop, sharing a sundae. I’m keeping my distance from them. I have my hunter attire on as I watch over them. Cassie looks so nervous all day. Even Rick questions about it.

“Shoot,” he says, grinning at her.

Cassie doesn’t grin back. “I have to show it to you.” She glances around the shop and her eyes land on me. I give her a small encouraging nod.

“Show it then.”           

“We have to go outside.”

Rick suddenly laughs. “Are you going to kill me and throw my body parts into the river?” he jokes.

Cassie has a grave look. “No, Rick. It does not involve killing but secrets.”

Rick finally sobers up. “Secrets?” he repeats.

She doesn’t answer, only paying their ice creams and walks out of the shop. Rick runs to catch up with her. I silently follow them until we are all in the woods.

“What are we doing here, Cass?” Rick asks with fear. “The woods is full with dangerous wolves.”

Cassie turns around to face her mate. “I’m going to show you why you mean so much to me.”

Rick’s eyebrows furrow as he frowns. “You are already important to me, Cass.”

She sighs. “I know that, Rick. But you just have to know.”

Cassie starts to take out her clothes one by one. Rick, being a gentleman, closes his eyes.

“What are you doing?” Rick asks in bewilderment.

“What if I tell you that I’m different?”

“I don’t know! You are different to me! A special kind of different! Now please put on your clothes!” Rick cries out.

Cassie shifts into a werewolf, only that she shifts half-way. Her teeth are razor sharp, fur sprouting to every parts of her body. Her fingernails extend until they are better known as claws. Cassie grows until she is almost as tall as Rick.

I can see Rick’s face is as white as a clean sheet of paper when he takes a peek.

Rick stumbles back until his back hits the tree. Cassie lets out a small whine and takes a step back.

Rick starts to shake. “Oh God!”

Cassie takes a step towards Rick who falls on his butt.

“Please don’t kill me,” I hear Rick whispers to himself.

Cassie makes a weird sound, but it is clear that it is in sadness as she takes a few steps back until she is concealed behind a tree.

“Please don’t reject me, Rick. I love you too much. It will hurt me if you don’t accept me for who I am,” Cassie whimpers, still hidden behind the tree.

“You’re – you’re a – a,” Rick stammers.

“I’m a werewolf,” Cassie says.

Rick starts to breathe heavily, almost like he’s going to get a heart attack.

“A werewolf!” Rick exclaims. “You’re a werewolf!”

Cassie stays silent.

“Isn’t that just great?! I dated a werewolf! And it is going to kill me!” That confirms it. Rick is hysterical.

Should I pass him out with a dart? Will he calm down after that? I know that Cassie would try to kill me if I try.

“I’m not going to kill you, Rick. You’re my mate; we’re destined to be together,” Cassie explains softly.

“What?!” Rick yells out at her. “I’m stuck to you?! You’re a monster!”

That’s when my sister cannot take it anymore and starts to cry her heart out. Anger blinds me as I start to walk out of the shadows to face Rick.

“Melanie?” he asks in shock.

Unable to contain my anger anymore, I punch him so hard that he passed out on the spot. Cassie keeps crying for her mate.

This is so messed up.

Author's Note

I know that it's short and it's been awhile since I updated. Forgive me! I have exams to study and I heard this exam is going to be tough and many WILL fail. I'm afraid to be one of those who fail so please wish me luck. As soon as it is over, I can go back to updating regularly again.

For now, please check out my other books. I will give you imaginary hug if you do!

Comment.

Vote.

Fan.

-M.