Soon-to-be-Alpha's Mate

Nate and Cassie stands on each of my side. The three of us have an expressionless face plastered on. Brad’s family male family members are comforting their mates and children as Brad’s body is lowered to the ground.

Gwen is in front of us with Beta Goldsmith, Alice, soon-to-be-Alpha and the Alpha. My schoolmates are at the back of us. A few are in tears but majority just look depressed.

The werewolves are glaring at Cassie, including the Alpha. Gwen gives all of them a warning look until the gazes are fixated somewhere else, which I’m grateful of. I would have ripped their heads off with my bare hands if they keep glaring menacingly at my little sister.

The priest says a few words and the funeral is finally over.

My gang regroups not far from the cemetery.

“Brad was jerk, but at least he’s not so bad,” I say.

Wally and Celine make a face at that. “He wasn’t that bad. He’s like that to every new female student,” Celine tells me.

“Yeah,” Gwen speaks up. “Brad can be a flirt sometimes.”

Nate looks at her with a tiny smile. Gwen smiles back at him. Nate still hasn’t forgive Gwen for nearly killing me.

Rick immediately wraps his arm around Cassie’s waist and whispers into her ears, making her giggle.

Emma and I are the only ones without a boyfriend which makes the both of us smirk at each other.

“Planning to get a boyfriend anytime, Mel?” Emma asks.

“Nope. Why don’t you ask those five pretty boys of yours?”

She playfully glowers at me. “They are not pretty! They are handsome…” she says, with a distant look.

I roll my eyes. I still can’t understand how One Direction is handsome to girls. Seriously, they look like ordinary boys to me, not sexy or whatever.

Girls these days are crazy, I tell you.

“Hello,” an unfamiliar voice says.

Emma’s and my head snap towards the owner of the voice, only to see that it is the soon-to-be-Alpha.

“Hi,” Emma squeaks out as I say in a monotone voice, “Hey.”

The soon-to-be-Alpha looks at Emma with adoration. Gwen gives him a knowing look.

“My name is Antoine Green,” he says. “And you are…?”

His question is directed at Emma; not me. I look at Gwen, confused. Emma and Antoine looks like they went to La La Land together, leaving the rest of us behind.

Emma blushes when she realized she hadn’t answered his question. “Em – ma,” she stammers.

The soon-to-be-Alpha, I mean Antoine, chuckles.

He has a loving look on his face whenever he looks at Emma. The way she shudder whenever Antoine says his word. All the signs of mate are there.

Emma and the soon-to-be-Alpha are mates.

I walk away from them. I’m feeling like I’m the left out one right now. Nate seems talk to Gwen and forgive her because the both of them are hugging. Wally and Celine are talking among themselves quietly. Cassie and Rick, however, are staring into each other’s eyes.

I start to fiddle with my thumbs in boredom.

Now would be the perfect time to go to GurneyCity and be a HQ agent. Everyone is happy with their own lives. I can even avoid death, just like what Tori and Nick told me.

Except that HQ is still busy with their rogue problem. It looks like I have to wait until HQ is available again.

I can’t wait for my new life. 

Author's Note

So the soon-to-be-Alpha is NOT Melanie's mate! Mwahahaha! Did ya guys expect that? 

Facts about me #9: I can play the piano too. (Grade 6, to be exact. And yes, I'm proud of it!)

Comment.

Vote.

Fan.

-M.