07 (SE)

The werewolf girl, Gwen Goldsmith who also happens to be the future Beta of Red Moon Pack, has been staring at Nate all day. She tried to approach Nate every time class ends but I would drag Nate away from the situation, which I can tell he is grateful for.

The weird thing is that the werewolf girl always has a pained expression whenever I did so. What an odd werewolf she is.

What the hell's up with that werewolf? She's stalking you like an obsessed fangirl! I rant to Nate in Sign language in our last class of the day. The werewolf girl is currently sitting next to him while openly staring at him. Nate looks very uncomfortable as he struggles to keep his eyes away from her.

He looks so relieved for the distraction of my rant.

How should I know? he signs back in defence.

That makes the two of us, dude, I think, glancing at the werewolf with calculative eyes to know the reason behind her strange behaviour.

Maybe it is a werewolf thing to keep an eye on the newcomers so they can tell their Alpha that we're harmless or something. I don't know because Nate and I don't know anything about packs and their lifestyle.

Because of that, I am planning to make a call to Hunter Headquarters.

There are many other hunters like us but divided into two groups. Werewolf hunters and vampire hunters. Yes, vampire exists but I don't know much of them except for the general facts like they drink blood.

Nate and I were given a choice years ago so we chose werewolf hunters and follow in our parent's footsteps.

We hunters are identified in numbers; not names in order to keep our identity a secret. I am number 85 and Nate is 86.

So if we have any questions relating to werewolves or vampires, we can contact HQ.

Hunter Headquarters also hunts down hunters who break the one and only rule. Some hunters can be so obsessed in the hunt that they kill every werewolf in sight. HQ will kill them before they have a chance to get away. Their agents are well-trained and extremely quick in an inhuman way.

However, no werewolves or agents from Hunter Headquaters know that Nate is deaf and I plan to keep it that way. Werewolves can use this advantage on us. Besides, they might seem to be convinced that the new kids in school are not The Deadly Twins because of Nate's disability.

The bell rings, indicating the end of my first day of school.

Thank the Coke Lord, I say in my head as I clear my books from my desk and walk to my locker. Nate does the same thing as. The werewolf girl stares at me. I have an urge to shiver in disgust but I shove it to the back of my head where it is buried with many heavy thoughts about how horrible school was today. Nate and I walk to my Ferrari and I drive us to Uncle Scott's house, which is our home for now.

As soon as we reach home, I whistle for Hazard. He comes flying and land on my shoulder almost immediately.

"Hey Hazard," I greet the bird. Nate shakes his head at Hazard in disapproval. He doesn't like Hazard because whenever Nate as much as touch him, Hazard would peck on his hand hard.

Nate unlocks the door and we enter the house. He drops into the couch as soon as he laid his eyes on it. I laugh at the sight. Nate looks like a teenager who drops out of school with his two upper buttons left undone and one of his sleeves is pulled until his forearm.

"What a day," he mumbles, eventhough it sounds a little slurry. At least he's making an effort to try to speak without hearing.

You were the one who wanted to go to school, I remind him with a smirk and drop my bag on the floor by the couch Nate is laying down on.