Chapter 11

“Baby! Stop!” I hear Jordyn giggling at me. I spray her with the water hose nonstop. She runs around in her wet bathing suit top and shorts. I laugh and keep smiling. We’re at her Mom’s house washing Jordyn’s car. She ducks behind her car and I lift the hose above the car. She screams as she feels the wet water sprinkle over her. She gets up and runs to me fast. She tackles me to the ground.  She grabs the hose from me and opens my shorts. She lets the freezing cold water go down my bathing suit bottom. I squeal. “Noooo!”

            “Say you’re sorry!” She smirks at me evilly as I continue squealing like a little girl, which I never do.

            “I’m sorry!”

            She laughs and pulls the hose out. She stands up and sprays her car. She looks back at me winking. I roll my eyes and get up. “You’re unusually strong. I’m surprised you didn’t hurt your arm.”

            She shrugs her shoulders as I stare at her arm that doesn’t have the cast on anymore instead it’s bandage wrap to keep it from moving too much. “Doesn’t bother me much now.” She walks around her car spraying it. Once she gets done I turn off the water. I walk over to her then kiss her. She smiles and drops the hose. “Thank you for helping me wash my car. You’re a good sport.” She giggles.

            “Uh huh.” I kiss her again. I smile lightly and pull back to stare in her eyes.

            “Ladies, do you want a snack?!” Jordyn’s mom yells from the front door. We turn our attention to her.

            “Depends on what you fixed, Momma.” Jordyn says.

            “Just some sandwiches. You like sandwiches right, Emma?”

            I smile and nod my head. “Loveee them.” Jordyn and I walk to the front door.

            “No no no, get a towel before you all come inside.” Her mom says. Jordyn laughs. “How do you expect us to get a towel when they’re inside the house?” She asks. Her mom walks away I guess to get some towels. I shake my head.

            “Here you guys go.” Her mom comes back handing us towels. I wipe my body for a while until I feel dry, and I wrap the towel around me so I don’t drip water in her house. I walk in with Jordyn and sit down at the table to eat lunch.

            “What is it that you’re going to be, dear?” Jordyn’s mom turns her attention to me waiting for an answer.

            I swallow a piece of sandwich. “A professional basketball coach.” I smile slightly.

            “What makes you want to do that?”

            “Well-“ I put my sandwich down and wipe my mouth off with a napkin. “I enjoy basketball myself, and I know my skills. It would make me happy to coach a basketball team. You know, yell at them from the seats.” I laugh a little and so does she. Jordyn stares at me as she eats her sandwich. “I don’t care about the salary. I care about what makes me happy to be honest with you.”

            She nods her head slowly as she listens to me talk. She chews on her sandwich slowly. “Believe it or not, I wanted to be a basketball coach too when I was a two years younger than you.”

            “Oh really?”

            She nods her head to confirm what she said. “But, that’s when I had Jordyn.” She looks over at Jordyn and Jordyn looks at her. “I had this lovely one at 18 turning on 19.”