Chapter 3

“What happened with you and Jordyn? You’re not talking a lot.” Leigh says glancing at me a couple of times as she drives. I shake my head. “I don’t know.” I say honestly. “I was grinding and dirty dancing with her for the fun of it. The next thing I know is I’m kissing her. I came outside to look for her, but I couldn’t find her car. I don’t understand why she left.”

            She slaps my arm and I hold it. “Ow! What was that for?” I stare at her a little pissed.

            “You idiot. You made out with her and left her there standing. Don’t mess with Jordyn’s feelings. You should know that. You’ve been friends with her longer than I have.”

            I rub my arm slowly. That really hurt. Why would Jordyn care? Besides, I know I just gave her the best kiss she’s ever had in her life. I grin to the thought of that as I’m being cocky about it. I shake the thought away when I realize I’m being a jerk.

            “I swear you’re almost like a guy.” Leigh says shaking her head. “I am not! I don’t mess with girl’s feelings.” I dis-agree entirely.

            “You always mess with girl’s feelings! You made out with your best friend for goodness sake’s, Emma. You make-out with random girls and never get into a relationship. You do it for the fun of it.” She says badgering like my sister does. I roll my eyes and stare out the window.

            “You sound like my sister.”

            “Good! Maybe the more people get onto you about things you’ll listen.” She sighs and pulls into my apartment parking lot.

            “You better call Jordyn or see her.” She says before I get out of her car. I look at her. “I will. I will. See you later.”

            I get out of her car and walk to my apartment. I look back to see Leigh pulling out. I look back at my apartment door and go inside. I listen to Leigh and call Jordyn immediately. I sit down on my couch listening to the phone ring. It reaches her voicemail. Is she ignoring me? I call her back again and right when I’m about to hang up by the 3rd ring, Jordyn answers.

            “Hello?”

            “Hey Jordyn. What happened at the club? You left.”

            She clears her throat. “I realized I had a paper I had to finish. You kind of left so I left to finish my paper.”

            I bite my lip. I feel really bad for leaving her like that.

            “I’m sorry I left you.”

            “Don’t worry about it. I had fun tonight.”

            I smile a little. Wait, was she lying about having to finish a paper? I think back for a moment to see if she had a paper actually due. She always tells me if she has a big paper due. I realize that she doesn’t have one due. I decide to not ask why she lied to me and talk to her.

            “I did too. We should go to a club again.”

            She stays silent for a while. “Jordyn?” I wait for her to answer me.

            “You kissed me.”

            My stomach flutters with butterflies. I swallow hard as I stare at the ground. Why did she have to bring that up?

            “I was caught up in the moment.” I chuckle a little trying to get rid of the awkwardness, only it got worse. “I only kissed you. We’re still best friends.”