Chapter 1

Note:------------------------> This is a lesbian story.

Also, the picture of the cover is Emma. Hope you guys like the story!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

‘When will this day ever end?’

            The thought runs through my mind over and over again as I stare through the sort of tinted Starbucks door where customers enter. My job is working at Starbucks almost every day. It’s a surprise to me if I ever get a day off. I come home to smell like coffee with a mixture of people, and my German Shepherd, Hersey like the candy bar, sniffs my entire body before I enter my apartment. I call her Hersey, because she has a main black coat, but some brown underneath her and a little bit on her neck.  She’s too protective though. I’m only 19 and this is my life, basically.

            My parents told me I had to go out and get my own job and apartment. They have plenty of money to spare for my twin brother, and my older set of twin brother and sister. It’s weird; my mom gave birth to a set of twins’ boy and girl, and another set of boy and girl twins. They told me the reason I was the only one they did this too, because I was the only one out of the children to ‘not take things seriously’ and ‘only care about sports’. I roll my eyes thinking of their reasons. They always picked on me. I don’t know what it is. Was it because I was the youngest girl? Or because I happen to give my mom too much pain during birth? I mean, seriously.

            I spend most of the time here, and at the University. Luckily, my parents are paying for the University, but they don’t agree with what I want to become; a professional basketball coach.

            I lean on the counter putting my elbow down and put my chin in the palm of my hand thinking of all the reasons why I dislike my family sometimes. I feel something hit my back and I turn my attention to Josh. Oh, how much of a pain he is.

            “What did you do that for?” I lean against the counter crossing my arms.

            “No slacking on the job, Emma.”

            I roll my eyes as he turns his back to re-stock some items.

            “It’s not like anyone is here right now.” I move away from the counter to help him re-stock. “Besides, just because you were promoted to manager a few days ago, doesn’t mean you should parent your best girl friend.”

            “My best girl mixed dude friend.” He jokingly says. I slap his torso with the back of my hand.

            “Shut up. I’m not a dude.”

            “Right, but you act like one.”

            I stare at him for a moment. Okay, this boy was getting on my nerves. I ignore him and continue to re-stock, but only for a moment I look out the windows. My eyes widen as I see a girl approaching Starbucks.

            “Oh shit Josh! There’s that crazy stalker chick that likes me.” I begin to run to the back where I always hide when she comes in to see if I’m working. “Don’t let her know I’m here!” I bolt through the door and stand behind it.

            I don’t know what made this chick follow me all of the time, but I know I made out with her at a party one time. It was only because it was the first time I had been drunk. I don’t usually get drunk. It was just at that time I felt horrible, so I used alcohol as a comfort, and in the end it didn’t comfort me at all.