This is Definitely Not Love...Right? ~Chapter 27

Start from the beginning

I walked out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around my waist before I managed to slip into a pair of boxers in my room. I walked around like that for a minute a two, just loving the cool air on my body. I wasn’t a nudist, but I sure as hell wasn’t shy of my body. I worked damn hard for it, why not show it off.

Once I was fully dressed, I grabbed a jacket and my car keys. Thank goodness I good get it fixed in such a short time. That’s what happens when you have connections everywhere. My baby made a speedy recovery and of course I’d take her for a spin.

I ran from my room to the kitchen and went out the back door so that my mom wouldn’t see me leave. I know what I said to her was real bad, but sometimes I just didn’t know how to keep my mouth shut.

I hopped into my car and turned the engine on, and at the same time did the same to the heater. I rubbed my hands together and took off down my street. The second I was out of my house’s view, I turned up stereo loud enough for people outside- well a very few of them- to hear.

I slammed my hand on the steering wheel as the music hit home. Sang along with the chorus too, and man was I good. I rocked my head in time with the beat and almost hit it against the wheel when I saw Skye looking at me as if I’d just escape a mental institution.

I pulled over to the side of the road and rolled down my window. “What are you doing out here? Aren’t you freezing?”

“That’s what coats were made for.” Was his reply.

I could see that he was in fact getting gold so I reached over and opened the passenger door. “Come on, hop in. I’ll give you a ride.”

I saw his face go red for second before he started shaking his head frantically. “No, I can’t put that burden on you. I’ll just wait for a cab.”

“Yea, and by the time the cab arrives, we’d be busy planning your funeral already. Get in Skye, I won’t bite.” I said with a grin.

“O-okay.” He got into the car and slumped in the seat when he felt the heat.

“Sure, you weren’t cold at all.” I teased.

“S-shut up.” He pouted. I stared at his mouth, at how the bottom lip was pushed out to form that cute, luscious, kissable pout.

“Are we going to stay here forever or are you going to drive.”

Oh baby if it’s with you, I wouldn’t mind getting snowed in. “Y-you didn’t tell me where you’re going.”

“The supermarket.”

I nodded and put the gear in drive. Every so often I glanced over at Skye to make sure that he really was there, and it wasn’t just my imagination running away from me. I was just glad that he didn’t catch me looking. It would have been a hell of a lot awkward if I was caught staring at his…everything.

***

~Skye's POV~

I didn’t understand why Jake kept glancing my way. Was there something on my face? I brought my hand up and touched my cheeks.

“Is there something wrong?” Jake asked looking concerned.

“No, I thought there was something on my face. Are we nearly there?” I gave it a shot at changing the subject.

“You really want to get away from me that bad don’t you?” he sounded hurt.

“It’s not that. I have some other things to take care of. You know, since next week’s thanksgiving and all. I’m helping Vanessa make lunch.”