This is Definitely Not Love...Right? ~Chapter 27

CHAPTER 27 IS HERE!! this means that there are only three more chapters left for this book. i still don't know how i'm going to end it. but i think i'll surprise you as well as myself. :)

the picture is of Jake. <3

the video link is I won't give up by Jason Mraz :) (beautiful song ^_^)

ENJOOOOOOOY!!

dont forget to comment, like, vote, etc

~Jake's POV~

I woke up pretty early for a Saturday morning. For the whole week I tried to avoid every person who came up to me, but that was kind of hard to do since on one knew what the words ‘I want to be left alone’ meant these days.

I got out from under the covers and made my way to the bathroom. After freshening up a bit, I went to the kitchen and started digging around for some juice.  Poured some cereal and milk into a bowl and went to go sit on the sofa. At the sound of the TV going on, my mom stepped in to the lounge.

“Oh good, you’re up.” She pushed my feet off the coffee table, so I settled for resting them on the sofa. “There’s a list of things on the kitchen counter that I need you to get.”

“What’s the special occasion?” I asked half bored.

She gave the weirdest look I have ever since on my mother’s face and simply said; “Thanksgiving.”

I swallowed my cereal with a gulp and stared at her. “Yea? So what’s that got to do with me?”

“What’s that-?” she took a deep breath. “Jacob we are a family and you’re a part of it no matter what you think.”

“You call this,” I spread my hands out around me. “a family?”

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

“You say it’s Thanksgiving, but what do I have to be thankful for?”

“Everything Jacob. You have people around you who love and care for you.”

“I have nothing!” I got up from the sofa and put the TV off. “Should I be thankful for my life being so screwed up for dad leaving up, or for Skye cheating and rejecting me?” if I have anything to be thankful for; it’s for my life being so completely fucked up.”

Her eyes widened at my choice of words. “Jacob.”

“Save it mom. I don’t want to be a part of this. “I started walking away, but looked back at her. My heart sank when I saw tears pooling in her eyes. I didn’t mean to say what I was about to say next. “If you have so much to be thankful for, you can celebrate Thanksgiving on your own.”

I walked away before either of us could say anything else. My mom and her sappy ‘family’ bullshit ruined me morning. If I didn’t want to join her then she couldn’t force me to. After all I was sure I could find something better to do with my time.

I went directly to the bathroom and turned on the shower. Once the water was warm enough, I stepped into the tub and let the water cascade down my back. I leaned against the wall as flashed of the past few weeks flew by in my mind.

By the time five minutes passed by, I found myself literally sitting in the tub with my head thrown back against the wall. I ran my fingers through my hair and wiped the water out of my face.

The image of Skye would leave my mind. Of course I had come to terms with what happened, but it didn’t mean I’d suddenly forget it all. If I was given an option to go back and change how things ended, I’d take it, no questions asked. Obviously I’d leave the good times as they were but…sometimes things changed. And most of the time, those things changed the person.