Nubia, Eric, and the twins...

Two months later...

Nubia and Eric were handling the twins great.

They were very overwhelmed at first, especially if they started crying at the same time, but they were learning slowly.

"Eric, can you get Nia ready?"

"Yeah."

They were getting ready to go grocery shopping.

Eric was the main one that was overwhelmed and got easily frazzled, but if Nubia was there he would be fine.

They were extremely happy with their new life, but somebody wasn't happy with their new life.

**

3 weeks ago...

Eric was going to work for the first time since the babies were born.

"Are you sure you're gonna be okay by yourself?"

"Eric, I know how to take care of the babies. Go to work."

He kissed her temple and smiled, "Okay, make sure you lock the door and windows."

"Okay, go to work."

Eric left and Nubia was left with two sleeping babies.

"Okay, it's just you guys and me."

Nubia took that time to clean up which they hadn't done in a couple of months because they were so wrapped up with the babies.

After cleaning, she made herself some breakfast and sat by the babies on the couch. As soon as she started eating, Nia started crying. She picked her up and started rubbing her back until she started smelling something.

"Oh my gosh. How can a baby so small, smell so bad?"

She took both babies in their room and had to change both.

"Okay, now that you guys smell good, are you hungry? I feel like you guys are."

She fed both babies and put them in their rocking bassinets and strapped them in and soon fell asleep again.

While they were sleeping, Nubia took a nap as well.

**

5 pm

Eric's friend, Josh, and his wife, Helen, came by to check on her. The four of them had recently became close friends.

"Hey Josh, Helen."

Helen smiled, "How are you? I know two babies can be stressful."

"Um I'm okay now. They haven't cried that much."

"That's good."

They stayed for about 20 minutes and left.

"It was nice seeing you guys. We should have dinner soon."

Helen smiled, "That sounds great. Hopefully, nothing gets in the way like it has been for the past 4 times we've tried.

Nubia laughed, "I hope not either. See you guys. Drive home safe."

**

Eric and Nubia were sitting on the couch in each other's arms with the babies sleeping in their bassinets. Suddenly, someone started banging on their door.

"Nubi, who is that?"

"I don't know Eric."

Eric went up to the door and looked out the peephole, it was Giselle.