Flashback into Eric's Life | Aspen Pt. 2

Sorry for the late update. I wanted this chapter to be perfect so hopefully you guys like it.

*Flashback*

*Eric is a Sophomore in High School*

Eric was running home because he was so excited.

He got an A on his chemistry test and he wanted to show his parents.

He ran in the house and saw his mom in the kitchen.

"Mom! Mom! Look!"

"What do you want boy?"

"Look! I got an A on my chemistry test."

Karen looked at it and said, "So?"

His mom pushed him out of the way. She pushed him hard.

She looked down at him and said in a cold voice, "Are you going to cry? I hope you do," She walked away while laughing.

All Eric did was get up and walk away. He wanted his parents to like him just as much as they did John. Eric hated the fact that his parents weren't like the parents he saw on tv or in the movies.

John had already gone off to college so Eric called him.

"What do you want Eric?"

Eric sighed, "I just wanted to call you- "

"Eric I have to go."

His brother just hung up on him.

Eric just sighed and whispered to himself.

"Why doesn't anybody love me?"

It hurt 16-year-old Eric that his parents hated him. All he wanted was for his parents to at least treat him like he was human. All he wanted was a brother that cared about him. All he wanted was to be happy and he wasn't.

His family on his mom and dad's side hated him also, but loved John.

Most of the time he didn't go to family events. He would just stay home by himself.

For years, he wanted his family's approval, but eventually he gave up.

He always told himself, "If I can't have the love of my family, then I'll get it from somewhere else."

That's when he got involved in drinking and drugs. That's where he found people that were nice to him. That's where he felt like he could "be himself".

*End of Flashback*

**

30 minutes until Karen, Henry, and Nubia get to Aspen

"So you and my son are divorced?" Karen asked with a smile.

"No, we are just taking a breather from each other."

Nubia really didn't want to talk about Eric.

"I remember when I told you it wasn't going to work. Do you remember?"

"Ummm...yeah kind of."

"I knew it wasn't going to work," Henry whispered to himself.

After that short, but awkward conversation, silence filled the car for the rest of the trip.

**

"Okay we're here."

They all got out the car and walked into the cabin.