She Reads the Letter...

Nubia still hadn't opened the birthday present from Eric. To be honest, she was kind of scared.

She tore the envelope open, and there was a paper inside.

The paper that was inside, had writing on the front and back and she started to read them.

"Hi Nubi,

I just wanted to tell you how sorry I am. You were the best wife ever. You have supported me through everything and I treated you as if you didn't.

I have now realized that it isn't you who needs me, it's me who needs you.

You keep me together in every way possible and now that you are gone, I am falling apart. You don't have to care about me falling apart because I don't expect you to. I know that while I was out with other women, you didn't feel good either.

I honestly don't know why I slept with those other women. I didn't appreciate you enough to realize what I was doing was wrong. I am so fucking sorry. I really need you to come back. I just really miss you and I need you.

I know I don't deserve you, but I can change if you just give me another chance.

Me getting married to you was the best thing that happened to me and I fucked everything up.

I wish I was a better husband towards you because you deserve way better from me.

I'm sorry

[...]

Nubia wasn't even able to finish reading the letter.

Of course she wanted to forgive him, but she couldn't. She still needed time and he needed to respect that.

He had sent so many flowers and chocolates to her job and it was annoying.

She wanted her space.

She decided to go to the house and talk to him.

**

At the house...

Nubia knocked on the door and Eric opened the door.

"Hi what- "

"I read your letter."

"Oh, what did you think?"

"I really want you to leave me alone for a while. I need time and you sending me stuff isn't helping so give me my space."

"But I want you back and I'm not going to stop until you come back."

"Eric you haven't even made the changes I want and once you make- "

"I don't even know what you want me to change."

"How about you get some help with your drug and alcohol problem, get a job, and stop sleeping with other women."

"I can do that, but can you come back and help me."

"You need to want to change for yourself. If you really want a life with me like you say you do, then you need to change the way you act and the way you treat me. And until you make the changes and stick to them, I not coming back."

Nubia walked away, but stopped and turned around.

"I'm serious Eric, give me space and make the changes I just said."

**

11 pm that night...

John went back to Eric's house because he really wanted to help him.

"Eric I can help you, but I can't help you if you don't want that."

"I want your help because I don't think I can do it by myself."

"Okay there are NA (Narcotics Anonymous) and AA (Alcohol Anonymous) meetings close to your house. I already signed you up for it and all you have to do is go. The NA meetings meet on Fridays from 6pm to 8pm. The AA meetings meet on Saturdays from 6pm to 8:15pm."

Eric hugged his brother and said, "Thank you so much."

"Your welcome."

"What type of job do you want? Like what type of business do you want to work at?"

"Somewhere like Citibank or Bank of America."

Eric had a degree in computer programming.

"Okay I'll make some calls."

"Eric you know Nubia loves you and she's going to come back. She just wants you to change."

"I know."

"Okay so you are going to go?"

"Yes."

"You know I'm proud of you for wanting to change."

"Thanks."

**

That night Nubia went back to Giselle's house and cried.

She felt stupid because she let their marriage get this bad. She felt like she should have left a long time ago and maybe she would have been happier.

Giselle walked in the door and saw Nubia crying. She put her stuff on the couch and sat by Nubia.

"What's wrong?"

"Is it my fault?"

"Is what your fault?"

"My marriage and how bad it is? I should've left earlier."

"It is not your fault. You really need to stop blaming yourself because it's Eric's fault. Okay?"

"Okay."

Then Nubia started to think, "Maybe a divorce is the best thing."