Nubia's 28th Birthday Party...

1 Month Later...

Nubia felt better about leaving Eric.

She felt like a weight has been lifted off her shoulders.

She finally felt like herself again. Her body, skin, and hair felt healthier because she didn't have so much stress.

Nubia was happier without Eric and it pained her to think that way, but it was true.

Nubia has always taken care of her responsibilities so she was still paying the bills on the house. She had no choice because everything was in her name and if she didn't, she would have to suffer the consequences not Eric. She always went to her house right after the mail was delivered which was around 9am.

Today was Saturday and it was also Nubia's 28th birthday and Giselle and friends from work were planning a surprise birthday party.

**

Giselle was running around her house trying to make sure everything was in place.

John and Deena came before everybody else to help put up decorations and help finish making the food.

"Deena!"

"Yes?"

"Is she here yet?"

"No I don't see her car."

"Okay."

**

10 Minutes Later...

Giselle looked outside and saw Nubia's car pull up in the drive way.

"Okay everybody she's here! Hide!"

She turned off the lights and everybody was silent.

When Nubia walked in, she saw all the lights off.

"Giselle why are the- "

"Surprise!!" Everyone yelled.

They were spraying silly string on her and throwing confetti on her.

Nubia smiled and said hi to everyone.

Then Giselle turned on some music and everyone started to dance.

**

After an hour, people sang the black version of happy birthday to Nubia.

♪ "Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday" ♪

Nubia blew out the candles and everyone smiled and clapped.

Giselle said, "Okay everybody if you want some cake there are paper plates and plastic forks on the counter in the kitchen."

After eating some cake and a few more hours of talking and dancing, people took some plates home and left.

Deena and John stayed behind to help clean up.

"Thank you guys for the party."

"You are welcome, but it isn't over yet."

"What do you mean?"

"Well me, Deena, and John got you something."

"Okay."

Nubia sat on the couch while Giselle went to the back to get her present.

"Okay here you go."

When she opened it, it was a necklace that she had when she was a kid but lost it.

She cried tears of joy, "Thank you."

"We went to your parent's house and it was hard, but they gave it to us."

She got up and gave them all a hug.

"Thank you. You guys are the best."

**

After that very emotional moment, they cleaned up, Deena and John left, and Nubia and Giselle went to bed.

This is a short chapter about Nubia's birthday and how she's doing a month later. Sorry for the weird ending, I didn't really know how to end this chapter.

I wanted this to be a happy chapter since the previous chapters were really sad :)