Aspen Pt. 4 | Why do they hate him?

Flashback Cont...

Today was the day of the sentencing and Nubia was hoping they would at least get 5 years.

"We the court sentence you all to 4 years with the possibility of parole at the Utah Correctional Facility."

There were people cheering because they didn't get a lot of years and there were people shaking their head with disappointment.

Nubia was sad because it was like people believed her, but not that much.

The boys even turned around and smiled at Nubia because they knew that they weren't going to get a lot of years in jail.

Then Nubia heard one of the boys say, "Hey Nubia I'll see you when I get out."

Flashback End...

Back in Aspen...

They were leaving the next day and Nubia was still really uncomfortable with the fact that she was there with Eric's parents.

Nubia went skiing with Sean and something about him was off.

Nubia was pretty good at reading people and with Sean he just seemed to perfect.

She decided to call Giselle.

"Hey. How's Aspen?"

"Good."

"Oh no what's wrong?"

"I went skiing with that guy."

"And?"

"Something was a little off about him."

"Like what?"

"I don't know he was just too perfect. Like the things he was saying, it's kind of like he already knew how say certain things and what to say."

"Maybe Eric's parents have something to do with it."

"You think?"

"Maybe. Don't they always tell you that you should be with someone else?"

"Yeah."

"I still think you should go on an actual date."

"Giselle..."

"I want you to at least think about it some more. Okay?"

"Fine."

"Okay. Look I got to go help my mom with my baby cousins. I'll talk to you later."

"Okay bye."

Nubia was positive she didn't want to go on that date.

Even though she was hurt by Eric, she wasn't about to hurt him because she wasn't that type of person to hurt people just because they hurt her.

Besides, she wasn't sure how Eric would react if he found out. She didn't want him to hurt himself or her.

**

Henry was cooking breakfast and he looked at Nubia and said, "How was the ski date?"

"Henry it wasn't a date. It was a friendly outing."

"How was it?"

"That's good."

After eating, Karen wanted to take Nubia shopping so they got dressed and they left.

"Are you still friends with that Giselle girl?"

"Yeah."

"Okay. What are you going to do when you get back to Denver?"

"I actually have to go to work Wednesday."

"Oh okay."

While they were in the car driving back, Nubia had an important question to ask Karen.

"Why don't you love Eric?"

"What do you mean?"

"You guys don't treat him as your son. Why?"

Karen sighed, "Me and Henry only planned to have one child, but obviously that didn't happen. Eric put a wrench in all of me and Henry's plans. He was a complete mistake and unplanned."

"Oh."

Nubia thought that was the dumbest reason to hate your child.

Nubia thought, "Even if a baby is unplanned, that still isn't a reason to treat your child like he/she is nothing."

"Karen I think you should start- "

"Before you even start saying that, we don't need to because we don't claim him as our son. Never have, never will."

"Why didn't you give him up for adoption?"

"We never thought about that."

"Oh okay."

**

John looked at Eric and said, "Just call her."

"She's not going to take my calls."

"Eric just call. I have to go home because Deena said so. So call her. She may say yes."

Eric picked up his cell phone and dialed Nubia's number.

"Hello?"

"Hey Nubia."

"Eric."

"I need to ask you a favor."

"I know I'm late on the cellphone bill. I just forgot."

"No I don't care about that. My AA and NA mentors think it is a good idea to have a family day. John agreed to come, but it would mean even more if you came."

"AA and NA?"

"Yeah I had my first meeting this week."

"Oh... When is this family day?"

"AA one is on Saturday and the NA one is on Friday."

"..."

"It's okay if you can't come. I know sometimes you- "

"I'll come. Just text me the address and I'll come after work."

"O-Okay."

"I have to go. Bye Eric."

"Bye."

He was so happy to hear she was going to come.

He hoped the she could see that he was serious about getting her back no matter how hard he had to work.

John called him when he got home, "What'd she say?"

"She said yes."

"That's good."

"Yeah it is."

Do you think Giselle or Eric's parents have something to do with Sean? How do you guys feel about Eric's parents now that you know why they hate him? Also, how do you guys feel about that prison sentence?