~32.Screw Up And I Rip Your Balls Off~

Scarlet

His eyes glistened with a shear coat of tears covering them. His tense posture was noticeable as he held me tightly against him, never wanting to lose me ever again. His fingertips brushed lightly over the scars across my body with the only thing separating his fingers from my skin was my thin red camisole. I did have a sweater over my large scars on my arms.

"I'm sorry I put you through that Xander," I whispered lightly against him in his embrace.

"Scarlet it seemed so real. I thought you were actually going to shoot me. And the thing is, I didn't do anything to stop you from doing it- my knees were buckled to the ground practically as I stood in shock. You scared me baby," he murmured near my ear and he tightened his arms around me as the cold air outside whipped my bare skin.

"I'm sorry I held you at gun point. There's nothing I can do to change history but I had to. We had to take him for our reasons," I convince we snuggling closer to him. He seemed to take the hint that I was cold so he wrapped his arms around me like a blanket.

"I'm not mad but at I just wished I knew from Melina. She hasn't told me what you were planning to do ever since she gave me your location. Without her, I would've arrived even later than I did. We planned for it to only be a couple of days but it turned into months. Everything was fine until your necklace became offline and inoperable to track. I thought we actually lost you and there was this wave of regret and guilt that hit me the moment Bryce told me that we lost you," he forced out while trying to caress my cheek with his hand. "If anything, I'm so sorry that would couldn't get you out in time. You've been through a lot obviously by some of your scars that bastard gave you," he grumbled with gritting his teeth.

To calm his anger, I wrapped my arms around him and started to massage him temples. I could tell that trying to find me over the course of months had put so much stress onto him.

"Scarlet I lo-" Xander was cut off by a loud shutting of a door.

Quickly abandoning my gaze with him, I check to see who was now making a presence with us.

My father stood there with a grim expression on his face. The wrinkles and the bad under his eyes had made it clear that he was also stressed about me. Xander nodded to me with a regret filled eyes. He unfortunately settled me off of him and left to leave me alone with my dad. Out of nowhere, I sprinted for him and hugged him as if it would be my last time to do it. Like a reflex, he wrapped his comforting and father like arms around me as he brushed my hair and cooing that he had missed me and regretted not stepping in.

We spent a couple hours together, catching up on what time we had loss together.

"So, you and Alexander huh," he asked with some twitching to his lip.

I chuckled at his discomfort as I blushed beet red. "Heh, yeah he's a great person," I vaguely retorted back. In response, his wrists clenched as I saw him grinding his teeth in irritation.

   "Is that so," he smoothly said back.

I nodded at him and eventually left shortly after. When Dad kept me alone to my thoughts, Teresa replaced his spot and welcomed me with open motherly arms. Of course, some tears were shed on Teresa's part. We both sat there for what seemed like ages catching up on the lost time between the two of us.

   Alexander

"Alexander, may I speak with you about something? It is urgent," Nick formally asked while leaning into the doorway of my office.

I looked up from the documents Melina handed me about the entire assassin agency and met the gaze of a hard and protective looking Nicholas.

"Sure, take a seat," I calmly responded.

Nick sat down stiffly and arranged his posture to be very firm. "Look I want to make myself clear young man," Nick frankly directed to me. His tone had taken me by surprise and a small part of me feared for what I had done to make him pissed. "If you ever hurt Scarlet or do anything to piss me off that involved Scarlet, I will take your balls and shove them down your throat,"

My expression remained the same, relaxed and a little pleased while I felt a huge wave of surprise. Nick's look remained still. Not even a single eyelid twitched from the clear irritation in his demeanor.

"Excuse me," I smirk at him while taking in some satisfaction from this situation.

"I may have not been with her through her entire life but she is my blood, my daughter. I will not let you hurt her in any way shape or form in my watch. Mark my words Alexander Liam White that I will hurt you a thousand times more than you hurting Scarlet once," he rumbled loudly and fiercely. "Do anything to screw with my only daughter and I will tear you into pieces with my own damn hands. Am I clear," he asked with attitude dripping from his long lecture.

"Crystal," I clipped.

With that, Nick abruptly rose from his chair and paced his way out of my office. Right when he was in the threshold, he growled, "You have one chance."

Even though I had been very comfortable around Nick, what he just presented to me was very foreign. It sent chills down my spin as he practically slapped me in the face with his protective words. Hopefully, I don't do anything to mess up or the statistic will be one less man with balls.

The fatherly gesture made me long for something like this when I was younger. I could've had father son days, a game of football or even some time for him being my wingman with girls but instead, I got a psychopath that has killed more people than the entire world could count.

Sometimes I wish for a father but that will bring me more motivation to be a better one if the time comes.

Hey guys I have some news! I'm sure if most of you know this but I do have another book and it is called Breaking The Fighter. It would be really appreciated if you guys would go and check it out for me if you guys are up for the new read. However, I've only posted the preview and one chapter so far so don't expect much right now. I will give BTF my undivided attention once I finish AFH.

How was it?

Like and comment?

Leena