~16.Protecting The Kitten~

Alexander

The sound of my phone ringing interrupted my work in my office. Since the last call I didn't answer, one of my clubs were blown to bits so I decided not to take any chances.

I cleared my throat as I answered my phone. "Hello,"

"Um yes, is this Alexander White?" a feminine voice asked through the phone.

"Yes it is, now how who are you and how do you have my number." I barked going straight into business. I wasn't going to cut anyone slack since I had been busy before.

"Well this is Memorial Hospital calling and one of your workers had been in a car accident," she responded. "Her name was Diana Stone from the ID in her phone and work information in her car."

"Okay thank you for letting me know. Bye," I said curtly.

Who was Diana Stone?

Pushing myself off of my chair, I speed walked out of my office. I needed to find Leona or Teresa. Walking into the kitchen, I found Leona and Teresa about to prepare dinner. Both of their heads shifted up, known to my presence.

"Who's Diana Stone?" I asked.

Both of the women looked at each other and then moved their heads back to me.

"Why?" they both simultaneously asked.

"Because she got into a car accident and I need to know who she so I can pull up her records," I voiced with a monotonous tone.

Both of their faces paled and Leona's jaw was slightly hanging open. She then closed it as if she were stressed.

"Get the car ready. We are coming with you to the hospital," Teresa ordered. Worry was written all over her face and Leona was still in a shocked position.

"Okay we are taking the SUV," I directed both of them, snapping Leona out of her shocked trance.

************

When all three of us arrived to the hospital, Teresa and Leona practically sprinted to the Diana's room. They really must care for this girl but since I don't even know who she is, I don't know how to feel.

I was trying to catch up to them, walking in my relaxed pace when I heard Leona screech. "What do you mean she isn't even in her room?" she asked loudly, clearly infuriated.

"Ma'am I can reassure you that she will be okay. She is just going through surgery right now," the doctor said calmly.

Two and a half hours later, the same doctor came to tell us that Diana was finally out of surgery.

Tension was thick in the air as we all went to Diana's room. Opening to room door, I saw a sleeping woman. She had bruises all over her face and arms and there was a bandage on the side of her head along with all the tubes and lines connected to her pale body. Then the familiarity hit me in the face. The woman was Kitten.

Kitten is Diana?

She was in an accident?

Millions of questions buzzed around my head and pangs of worry hit me all over the place. Suddenly, I begin interrogating to doctor about Diana and what happened.

Kitten, my Kitten was hurt.

"Sir you need to calm down-" The doctor reassured.