~7.A Promotion~

Scarlet

   "I've called you in here for a reason my daughter," Father explained. "Do you remember your recent assignment?" I nodded my head in response, which led him to continue. "I want you work undercover in his gang. You need to take his entire empire down even if it means hurting the innocent, but I'm sure you wouldn't bother about this since it would make me extremely ecstatic if you completed this mission," Father calmly said smiling wickedly.

   We were both in Father's office once again. He summoned me here right after Don and I finished our training. It felt like dejá vu when Father sat in his throne like chair while I sat across from him with his mahogany desk separating us.

   "Father, when you say work undercover for him, do you mean if he wants me to kill our own for him, will I?" I didn't want to be apart of something where it would hurt my family. These were my siblings and this man, in front of me is my siblings.

   "Yes, you will kill for him if it means that you must kill our own." Father didn't falter when he just blankly revealed time his thought. It seemed like he wanted all of us dead over money. My fists were balled up and I was tense all over. These were my brothers and sisters and he would get us killed over pieces of paper?

   "So you are saying that if White wanted me to kill my brothers and sisters, I would have to follow him?" Father only nodded with such a relaxed posture that it made me want to throw a knife into a wall. "These are my brothers and sisters, your sons and daughters and you would want me to kill them? I'm sorry Father but that is wrong. I will be damned if you make me want to kill me family." I could feel that my voice was raising by every word. "Why would you make me want to hurt my own family, why Father? Your telling me to kill my own just for some damn pieces of paper! Papers that aren't even-" I was cut off by Father slapping my cheek. Then he pulled me by the collar of my shirt therefore, bringing my whole entire body forward very close to his very livid face. My upper body was on top of his desk from his deathly grasp.

   "Now you listen to me child, you may be old but you never talk back to me like that and second, if I say you kill your own then you do it without any complaint now do you understand?" Father spat. When I didn't respond in time he slapped my cheek harder. Damn, this is going to bruise tomorrow.

   "Yes Father," I mumbled while looking down.

   He then shoved me back into my chair as he sat back while also smoothing out his white dress shirt at the same time.

   "Pull something like that again Scarlet and you will get a more severe punishment." He then cleared his throat and continued. "Now as I was saying, you will go undercover and yes you will kill your own. You will start tomorrow morning and also, pack a bag for about a months worth of clothes. You are staying with him to bring White to his place, the ground. I will contact you through a burner phone so he won't be able to trace you. You are to go to the exact locations I am about to give you in this file. Within that file has your phone and a flash drive to take all his information about this gang. Whatever there is about his gang needs to be on that flash drive. You have a month Scarlet, if you don't complete your assignment within that period, then that's when I will come in and assist you but there will be consequences for your failure like always. Oh and please disguise yourself. White cannot know your true identity so do something that will make you look completely different that this." He made gesture to my entire body."Do you have any questions?"

   "No Father, I don't," I said to him with a little more confidence while looking at the ground.  After a while I looked up at him and I could feel his almost black eyes pierce straight into my soul.

   "Good. You have a month so don't fall for his tricks. Good luck my daughter," he replied back without breaking eye contact.

   I took that as my cue to get up and leave his office. I grabbed the file and left.  Now I have to live under the command of my assignment. Never in my life have I ever had to work for the enemy.

   Soon, I reached my building and started to go up the elevator. Then, I opened the door to my flat and started packing a months worth of clothing. I threw the file onto my bed and got to work.

   But as I was packing I was starting to think of everything Father said to me in the office.

   Would Father really get us killed to just end some conflict over money? Would he sacrifice the lives of his sons and daughters just for his own pleasure?

   HEY IM BACK!

   And finals are finally over so everyone sing hallelujah!!! And you'll also see more of me hehe!!!!!!!

   So my break is 2 weeks so you'll hopefully get an update every other day. But the chapters are gonna be short. Don't be sad though because they will also be juicy.

   Plus my bday is coming up so you'll get a long chapter for that to :)

   How was it?

   Like and comment?

   Leena