~21.The Date~

Scarlet

  "Are we there yet?" I asked with an annoying whining voice. My purpose was to annoy him enough to finally tell me where we were going. We've been in his car for about thirty minutes and he hasn't even given me one little detail on where we were going.

   "Hold your horses Kitten. I'm trying to drive here," he grumbled with gritted teeth.

   "Am I annoying you?" I asked innocently. His facial expressions were contorted into this irritated fashion. He looked like he could make smoke come out of his ears because of my constant questions.

   At least I knew that my plan was working.

   White drew in a slow and steady breath. "No I thought you were trying to give me money. Hell ya you are but I'll let this one slide since it's been a while," he said with a smug smile.

I sigh and started to mess with the hem of my shirt out of boredom.

   "And we are here," White proclaimed while shifting his car into park. White bolted out of the car and rushed all the way over to my side to open to the door again even when I didn't even have my seatbelt unbuckled yet.

   Mumbling a thanks to him, I took in my surroundings. White had driven me to a cliff overviewing the entire city of Los Angeles. There was a forest all around our car but a small section of it was cleared for the path of the car. The view was obsoletely breath taking leaving me staring in awe in the distance.

   "Beautiful isn't it?" White commented, obviously stunned by the beauty in front of us. He had set up a black and red picnic blanket with the a basket on top of it.

   "Yes, it's amazing to look at," I said with awe dripping from my voice. "We are having a picnic?" I asked.

   "Ya we are. Why do you not like picnics?" He asked with a slightly panicked tone. He was trying to hide it but it was shown clear through his little wall.  

   Plopping down onto the soft blanket, I nodded my head. "I like picnics so don't get your big boy boxers in a knot," I teasingly reassured him.

   "Alright," White casually remarked whiling taking a seat on the blanket. He started to unpack the basket pulling out a bottle of champagne, two champagne flutes, sandwiches and some small snacks.

   Some comfortable conversations later and the both of us are sitting on the hood of the expensive car, admiring what lied in front of us. A soothing silence washed over the both of us as we stared out, admiring the buildings and small people in the distance. White sits next to me, his posture is calm but he is deep in thought. My eyes drifted off into the distance when I there was something near my hand.

   White's hand inched towards mine. Slowly yet surly, his hand made its way over to mine, interlocking with my fingers. There were enough sparks flying to make a fire works show in The Fourth of July. His hand squeezed mine, signifying his dominance in holding my hand.

   We both sat like there for a while in peace. That was until I practically had a bucket of cold water poured on me.

   "So how was today, Scarlet Adams?" White calmly asked with dashes of hurt sprinkling into his sentence. My eyes widened as I just sat there, holding his hand in shock.

  I know I know. I'm a terrible person for leaving you on a cliff hanger but I had too.

   So a friend and I are writing a book together on another account. It's called Project: Payback. It's about some guy who is a player and messes around until a certain girl comes into his life and gives him a little taste of karma.

   The username is @midnightpotatoes0819 . If you don't mind, show the book some love and vote and possibly comment.

    And I promised I would update early for 1k. I don't break my promises :)

   Like and comment?

    Leena