~13.When Realization Hits You In The Face With A Brick~

Scarlet

"Diana," a voice called to me while shoving me frantically.

I then felt a poke on the side of my ribs, making me shoot up faster than a poptart. My eyes, wait my eyes don't have the color contacts. How am I supposed to get up without blowing my cover?

"I'm awake now you have five seconds to get out of my room before I make crap hit the fan," I growled with a groggy voice. My eyes were still shut so I wasn't able to see who was in front of me.

"It's Saturday," Leona whined. "We usually have Saturday's off so get your lazy ass up and get ready," Leona scolded as she threw a pillow in my face. "You have fifteen minutes. Meet me in the kitchen Diana." And with that, Leona left me alone in my room.

   I got up out of my warm and comfortable bed and started to get ready for the day.

************

   "So I was thinking we could both go to the mall or something," Leona suggested while I finished the remains of my coffee.

   "Sure, lets go," I told her. I guess being a normal person requires you to go out once and a while. Acting the part was harder than I thought it would be but I liked the challenge.

   After finishing our breakfast, Leona and I headed off to her White Jeep and started driving to the mall.

   It wasn't as far as I thought it would be since we were practically in the outskirts of Los Angeles. We talked about random things like our favorite ice cream to the types of swim suits we wear in the summer. I obviously had to lie to her since I didn't do any of the things that she would do. It's not like I would blatantly tell her "Oh Leona, a cool fact about me is that I kill people for a living" and just laugh along our merry way. I had a cover to keep and I wasn't going to let anyone expose me.

Later on, it was about noon and we had shopped for many things like makeup, clothes and shoes. Basically anything a normal girl would do. Honestly it was kinda fun to live like this instead of my actual life. Going out every other Saturday without a damn care in the world felt really amazing and refreshing. We were currently drinking coffee at a coffee stand when we both heard a gun shot. I then heard many shrieks and screams from all over the place. It seemed that Leona and I were the only ones that weren't affected.

"What the Hell?" Leona screamed to me.

It was so loud that I could hardly hear her shriek but I didn't give her a response. I ran outside of the stand to look at what was going on. In the center of the entire mall, Father was shooting up a storm in his loaded gun. More gun shots fired from Father's pistol as police officers tried to stop him. He looked me straight in the eye with those death black eyes and sprinted off.

He gave me a warning. He knew I was loosing myself all to quickly so he wanted to snap my judgement back into place.

Running back to Leona, she was on the phone with someone. Her mouth was quivering as she stuttered to give some dialogue into the phone.

"Alex, listen to m-me. I saw J-Johnathon," she stuttered violently. Then almost immediately, she lunged for me, and began to cry in my embrace. Usually I would lose my patience with the touching thing but right now, Leona needed me to comfort her. I held her while she cried into my arms, soaking my floral top with her tears.

I grabbed Leona's phone from her grasp and held it to my ear. "White, it's me," I answered coldly into the phone.

"Look kitten now isn't the time. Wait for me there. I'm going to pick both of you up and we will talk about this later," White reassured.

************

White picked both of us up from the mall with his black Mercedes Benz. Leona was in the back sleeping while I was in the front with White. There was silence between both of us. The only thing I was able to listen to was the rubber tires rolling across the paved asphalt.

"Who's Johnathon?" I asked in a whisper. I didn't want to wake Leona up from her slumber.

"A terrible man who you should never meet." He gripped the steering wheel tighter to where his knuckles are white.

Me being curious as ever, I decided to pry even more. "What happened?"

White let's out a sigh and continuous. "He shot my only family along with many other people. He kills people and practically makes killers himself. You don't want him to corrupt you like he did to me and my family." He takes shaky a breath in and continues. "I never wanted him to come in my life but he did and now he's killed people and taken lives. He runs an agency, that's where he raises his soon to be killers." My face pales as I take in the realization.

He is talking about Father.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!! or if you don't celebrate Christmas then Happy Holidays!!! I hope everyone is enjoying their break. Spend time with family and friends. If not then stay happy :)

So Scarlet is starting to realize what's going on. My poor child :(

How was it?

Like and comment?

Leena