Just then Adrian held my hands in his. His hand were so weak that though he put all his strength to hold mine it was as if he was only touching my hands. But when my hands came in contact with his, I relaxed abit. My hands stopped shaking and I just held onto his large hands.

"Don't.....worry not--hing wi...ll.... Happ... Happen..."

"shhhh.....Don't talk anything. Your straining yourself and that's not good. Just hold my hand and stay awake. "

He slightly nodded and gave me a weak smile.

How can this man manage to do all this.

He's been shot twice yet he knows that I'm panicking and my hands are shaking and he tries to calm me down.

Though he is going through so much pain he is smiling looking at me. I kissed him on his forehead and occasionally I was kissing his hands. That's the least I can do at the moment to make him feel better.

*****************************
"I've removed the bullets and leaned all his wounds" Mr. Woodlock the doctor said.

"Why is he not up yet?" I asked him still panicked.

Adrian was passed out for quite a while now and honestly at the beginning I was fine with it since he won't know the pain of removing the bullets and nursing his injuries. But it's been two hours and he hasn't opened his eyes that's when I started getting worried.

"Don't worry child I have given him a painkiller injection which will reduce the pain and help him rest a little while longer. Once he's up take note that he take complete bed rest for a week and stays at home till his wounds are healed. " Mr. Woodlock said with an assuring smile.

Mr James Woodlock was an old man nearly reaching the age of using a stick to help walk. He had been working for the Mafia as a doctor since his younger days. Being old his pace in treating people has become slow. He treated Adrian with so much patience and care that I was satisfied Adrian is in the hands of a good doctor. While I was panicking and occasionally telling him to do things a little more gently for Adrian he seemed calm and collected. He didn't panic his hands didn't shiver a bit and he was well aware of what he was doing.

"Thanks Mr. Woodlock" I thanked him genuinely.

"You can call me James my child. If Adrian has excess pain give him the painkilling tablet I've left on the table. Try not to give it too often as it can make him drowsy" he said.

"OK Mr. James. Thanks once again. "

" Call me if you need my help" he said and with that he went out.

I heaved a sigh of relief went to Adrian's room to check on him. He was still passed out. I was still a little scared. The only thing that calmed me was the sight of his even breaths. I placed a kiss on his lips moved the hair from his forehead and silently walked out of the room. I switched off the lights and kept only his bed lamp on. I need to prepare something light for him to eat when he gets up. I kept his room door open just in case I hear any noise I could go and help him and I went to the kitchen to  prepare some soup for him. I saw through the readymade soups and there were different flavors. He doesn't like corn so he won't have corn soup. So that brings it down to tomato,chicken and mushroom.  He likes mushrooms so I decided toake mushroom soup for him.

After about 10 minutes I was done with the soup. I poured it into a container and covered it so that it won't get cold. I went to Adrian's room to find him still asleep. I sat near Adrian's bedside to have an eye on him. This is the reason I hate his job. Maybe he is used to all this guns and bullets getting hurt and hurting others but I'm not. I cannot see my boyfriend hurt in any way and here he had been shot right in front of my eyes.