12.

Adrian has been shot.

By the time I could comprehend as to what the hell was happening I could hear screams,gun shots and people running for safety. Adrian's driver Xavier was shooting at the car in front of us. From my seat I saw a man get out of his car and he had a gun with him.

Nononono he is gonna shoot Adrian again.

I immediately leaned towards the door where Adrian was standing and I pulled him in. The next thing that happened was Adrian fell right on my lap.

I closed the door shut and rolled up the dark windows.

He was shot twice one on his hand and the other.....

Shit the other on his back and right now he's lying on his back.

There was so much loss of blood that he was becoming weaker.

We needed to take him to the hospital as soon as possible.

"Xavier fast we need to go to the hospital" I literally yelled because I swear I was panicking with what's happening.

I turned Adrian to his side so that he doesn't strain his back.
I reached out to some tissues that were in his car and placed them on his wounds to stop the blood.

"No not the hos...hospital" Adrian said with a struggled tone.

"Adrian this is not the time to act strong and be stubborn. You are running out of blood and clearly you are becoming weaker. Please babe let's just get you to the hospital." I replied removing the strands of hair that were on his forehead.

"Xavier....take us..... Ho--me.... You....know... Wh-o.... To call. " Adrian said this time his speech was more strained and it was difficult to understand what he was saying. His eyelids were becoming heavy and we were running out of time.

"Yes boss " was all Xavier said and then he started the car and drove in full speed.

I didn't know what was going on.

We are heading home and there is no mention about any doctor checking on Adrian yet. The speed at which Xavier drove the car was frightening. I hope we don't end up in an accident or something.

"why are we going home?" I asked Xavier cause it made no sense asking Adrian.

He wasn't in a situation to talk.

"Ma'am if we go to the hospital it can become a police case and then they'll get to know that boss is in the Mafia and it'll ruin everything. Don't worry we have a professional Doctor Who works exclusively for our Mafia. He'll be at boss' home any time now so he'll treat him." Xavier explained.

Now I get it.

It makes sense.

The hospital people will surely inform the cops about this and that's the last thing we need. The last time Adrian was shot and he was in the hospital there was a lot of interrogation going on but since Owen was at fault the case was closed as a matter of self defence but this time we can't risk it.

What if Adrian gets caught?

The car never stopped at any signals nor did it reduce its speed.

I was afraid where the cops would  pull over.

But right now I had a bigger worry.

Adrian.

The entire car ride I was trying to keep him awake and he did a pretty good job by trying to stay awake.

My hands were shaking out of fear.

My clothes were stained with blood.

My face was stained with tears that didn't seem to stop.