PSYCHIC VAMPIRES (Energy Vamps)

Authors note----
I received a request to write a chapter on Energy Vamps, or Psychic Vampires from Li-Li_x
Always feel free to comment below if there's anything you'd like to learn about. Happy reading ❤❤️

Energy vampires are emotionally immature individuals who have the sense that the whole world revolves around them. They are almost incapable of seeing things from another person's perspective. They often lack empathy. They believe that they must take everything they can get from others and that giving anything will deprive them of essential resources. It's as if the whole world exists just to serve them and you are the latest object upon which they have set their sights for exploitation.

They are referred to often as psychic vampires because they seem to attach to you when you are already suffering at the hands of fate on your own.
Quite like a leech, they will suck and suck until all your 'blood' (energies) are drained.
They will leave you weaker and more vulnerable than you were before they came along.

The best part, you ask?
Oh, they come disguised as victims who need your help, or
At first glance, energy vampires can seem highly attractive/highly helpless.
They often are good-looking, bold, flamboyant or intelligent, and may appear to have a high opinion of you as indicated by their flattering attention.
Drawing you into their inner circle may seem like just the boost you need in your usually drab work environment.

However, be aware that they are "grooming" you — setting you up to exploit you in whichever way best suits their purposes later. What seems quite innocent at first, such as finding a good friend, may lead you to compromise your ethics, morals and values against your will — maybe even breaking the law in due course. And because energy vampires are masters at avoiding responsibility, you could be the one who takes the blame when things go wrong.

A few types of emotional vampires are listed below:
Narcissistic psychic vampires have grandiose senses of self importance and entitlement. They tend to lack empathy and become withholding or cold if you don't do things their way. This is because they have little capacity for unconditional love.

Victim vampires tend to see the world through the lens of "poor me." They believe the world is inherently against them and to blame for their unhappiness. They tend to drain energy by constantly complaining about problems but refusing to try any potential solutions you suggest.

Controlling energy vampires have a need to control and manipulate your actions. They often invalidate your emotions in order to dominate you or put you down.

Now, how do you deal with them???
SET BOUNDARIES AND KEEP THEM SET.

Get to know yourself. Oftentimes, we make ourselves susceptible to psychic vampires because we do not know ourselves. Spending time getting to know your own needs and wants can help you keep psychic vampires away.
Journaling can help you become acquainted with yourself. Write down your thoughts and feelings on a daily basis. Choose a time, like in the morning or shortly before bed, to record your emotions.
Spend time alone. Work on making a conscious effort to spend time alone. You'll be forced to consider yourself and your emotions if you choose to spend a few nights a week by yourself.
Consider whether you're a people pleaser. If you're unwilling to say "no" and afraid of letting someone down, this is bait for psychic vampires. Try to move away from people pleasing tendencies to lessen the hold psychic vampires have on you.

Remember, you are a magickal being and have a right to protect yourself. Always stay safe.

     🔮Love and Light🔮