Hex Reversal

Simple Hex/Curse Reversal

This is an aggressive reversal spell intended to harm or hurt whoever hexed you. If you are strictly nonviolent, this spell is not for you.
If you are engaging with an enemy that outpowers you, an attack may not be the best move. This spell also has instructions for a simple hex negation instead of a full reversal.

Ingredients: Chili pepper or flying devil oil to break the hex and “burn” whoever sent it to you

If possible, one or more of the following herbs: Rue, datura, bay leaf, hyssop, sage. These herbs are hex-breakers supreme.

If possible, one or more of the following plants: Rosemary, angelica, agrimony, amaranth, anise, asfoetida, barley, basil, calamus, caraway, castor, cedar, cinnamon, cinquefoil, clove, dill, elder, frankincense, garlic, hyacinth, juniper, leek, mint, mugwort, mullein, myrrh, nettle, pine, oak, primrose, rose, rowan, thistle, tulip, valerian, vervain, willow, witch hazel, wolf’s bane, wormwood. These plants are all valiant guardians and protectors.

If you choose to engage in protection for this spell, also have a small container or cloth sachet you may carry with you. Also have a method of marking on your container (paint, Sharpie).

One small taper candle of any color; black is best, followed by white and red.

A sharp knife.

Warning: Sometimes we can accidentally hex or curse ourselves, due to incompetency, inaction, poorly planned spells, or angering spirits. If you “bounce back” a curse and you were the one who cast it, expect to see it hit you doubly hard. For this reason I highly recommend you do divination to attempt to discover who cast the hex, or if this is not possible for your skill level, at least to determine it was not done by you.

Method: The method for the spell is simple. Take your taper candle and carve the bottom end off so the wick pokes out. Dress the candle with oil and hex-breaking herbs or oils if you have them. Surround the candle with a ring of chili peppers or very hot peppers. With a prayer of intent to send back the curse to whoever attacked you, light the carved end of the candle.

The purpose of carving out the other end of the candle is to symbolize reversal. If it is impossible for you to carve away the wax, instead use the simple negation method:

To negate a hex instead of reversing it, do not carve away the other end of the candle. Rather dress the candle as normal, but pray that the spell does not reverse the hex, but rather melts it away and tears it up in to nothingness.

If you cannot acquire any herbs, it is alright to just pray over the candle with your intent. The only two required ingredients are the chili peppers and the candle.

If you choose to use protection during this spell (which I think is a good idea in general), add your protective herbs of choice to your small container. Pray over the herbs and request that their spirits protect you from this hex-caster and their malevolent energies. Draw or paint a protective symbol on your container (a cross, pentagram, or other icon will do) and carry it with you for a while.

Ensure the hex-breaker candle is allowed to burn down fully and completely. During this time you may feel a bit funny, as if something is being removed or burned away from you. This feeling may be a bit overwhelming but it should not be scary. If you chose to use protection, ask the plant spirits to reduce the overwhelming feelings of the hex being removed.

When you glance at the candle, you may get flashes of things exploding, popping, bursting, shattering, or burning. If you are especially adept you may see flashes of the person who hexed you. However, these visions do not need to occur; the spell is working whether or not you see anything.