Chapter 18

Unedited- enjoy x

"Ella" mother calls me from the stairs and I make my way down. School had finished and I was just getting to rest, so her request annoyed me slightly.

"Yes mum"

"Diners ready" she informs me and I look at her weirdly, usually she'd expect to eat myself and then let me be.

I followed her to the kitchen where there was a whole table of food set out.

"Is someone coming over?" I ask and she shakes her head.

"I thought we'd spend a little mother daughter time" she smiles.

"That's unexpected" I chuckle. And then quickly add "it's nice too."

"Right so I thought we could maybe talk about what's going on in each other's life's or something" she starts to dig in and I give her a suspicious look.

"What do you mean?" I ask sticking vegetable in my mouth cautiously.

"You know, boy talk or anything really" she nervously laugh and I'm sensing that she's on to something.

She can't know about harry, she wouldn't be this calm if she found out about that, it has to be something else.

"Well, I am doing a lot better with exam results and stuff"

"That's good" she praises. "Anything specific in your mind"

"Mum what are you trying to imply?" I ask slightly getting frustrated.

"Remember when I was dropping you off tutoring and you said you had feelings for someone you shouldn't, something about them being hard to understand"

"Yes" I anxiously reply, oh my god, was she going to ask about harry. Should I just admit it or wait for her to accuse me.

"Well honey, me and your father found the um" she pauses for a second. "The protection" she blushes madly. "Well we found it used, and only you would've been home over  the weekends"

"I can explain-" I hurriedly interrupt.

"No look I know, your raging hormones are everywhere but I just want you to talk about things like this with me in the future"

"So you're ok with it?"

"Yes I'm glad you and the boy used protection"

"You're not mad?"

"I was at first but I'm glad you was sensible enough to use one but like I said, in the future talk to me so I can support you Ella" she squeezes my hand. "Now what were you going to say?"

"Oh erm nothing" I scratch my arm trying to avoid the situation. "Does erm, does dad know" I ask and she nods regrettably.

"Is he real mad" I groan and she laughs.

"He's just protective darling, anyways who is the lucky fella" she winks.

"Muuuuuuuum" I cover my face.

"Oh cmon, I just want to know he's caring and that you're sure you've done it with the right guy"

"100%" I say.

"Good, Ella when I was younger I couldn't talk to anyone about the things in my life because I knew it would be frowned upon, so I vowed to always hear my children out"

"Have you ever been in a situation where you get something you can't have, but even when you get it's like impossible to live with, because everyone judges you"

"Is it this guy your referring to" she asks and I shake my head.

"No it's a different situation" I lie.