• twenty six: part two •

Start from the beginning

"Kelly, what--"

"You know why I'm here, Christopher," I interrupted, gesturing for him to move so I could come in. "Where's Trey?"

"How'd you even know he was here?" Chris asked, chuckling.

"I know things," I shrugged. "But for real, where is he?"

"He in the living room mad as hell," he replied jokingly. "You really pissed that nigga off."

I sucked my teeth. "Shut up."

We both walked into the living room. Trey was slouching on the couch, watching Martin. He looked up when he heard our footsteps. He saw me, gave me a dirty look, and reverted his eyes right back to the TV.

"Oh so that's what kinda game we wanna play, huh?" I muttered under my breath.

I walked over to the TV and stood right in front of it, facing him.

"Move," he spoke.

"Nah I'm good," I teased.

"Why are you here? How did you find me?" he asked. Why is everyone asking me that? Like damn, I can't know where my man is at?

"Don't worry bout all that," I replied. "I need to talk to you."

"And I need for you to move so I can watch my show."

I stood there and crossed my arms. I'm not moving until he lets me talk.

"Damn...well, I'ma be upstairs," I heard Chris say. I forgot that nigga was standing there. "Y'all better work this shit out."

Chris walked upstairs and I continued to look at Trey. He was trying to avoid making eye contact, but I was staring him down so hard that he had no choice but to look at me.

Trey

"Kelly move."

"No. Not until I say what I need to say."

I sighed. "Say it then."

"Okay let me just cut right to the chase. I'm sorry Trey."

I looked at her but stayed silent, waiting for her to continue.

"I should've listened to you. I shouldn't have went behind your back and worked with him. I get it now."

"Oh now you get it?" I repeated in a harsh tone. "You was being difficult this whole time but now you get it? Hm. What changed?"

"...I just came back from his house," she mumbled.

"You--"

"Calm down, let me finish. I went to his house to tell him in person that I couldn't work with him anymore. And long story short, he turned into this complete asshole. I regret ever working with him."

"...So you learned that the hard way huh?"

She looked down and shrugged.

"Kelendria, it's not even the fact that you didn't listen. I don't expect you to agree to everything I say, no relationship is ever like that. But if you were planning on continuing to work with him, even though I said no, you should've told me the truth."