Chapter Thirteen: Just, Little Things

Start from the beginning

You placed towels on the passenger seat of the car, then slipped into the back seat of the small car, holding the emergency bag to your chest and breathing heavily. A moment later, Jade was helping Dinah into the passenger seat, throwing her phone at you and ordering you to call Yoongi "at this exact moment in time, I do not give a shit what time it is in South America."

You placed the phone on speaker as Jade pulled quickly out of the apartment complex's parking lot, and you could tell that she was trying very hard to drive safely, all while screaming at you, the phone, and speaking in low, soothing tones to Dinah.

"Min Yoongi, I swear to god, if you don't pick up your fucking phone this instant we are going to have a serious problem."

"Jade, it's four in the morning in Chile right now, if you think Yoongi is going to pick up, you're crazy."

"Dinah, focus on breathing. (Y/n), call Namjoon. We're running out of options. Jade, focus on getting everyone to the hospital safely," she whispered to herself, turning left onto a side street to bypass the two-p.m. traffic.

"Jade, he's not picking up, either."

"Call Jin. Then go down the list until we are forced to call PD Nim."

Between the sound of Jade's phone ringing, waiting for Jin to pick up filled the car, and Jade's quiet curses and Dinah's groans, it became very obvious that no one was picking up the phone anytime soon.

Jade turned on her blinker and pulled into the hospital parking lot, stopping in front of the emergency room doors to allow you and Dinah to exit the car and get checked in while she parked.

You helped Dinah into the hospital, walking directly up to the front desk and stating point-blank, "My friend is having contractions."

The lady at the desk's eyes widened, and she called for a wheelchair immediately. And, as they were taking you and Dinah to a delivery room, Jade came running through the doors, looking a bit frazzled, emergency bag swinging over her shoulder.

"Wait, I'm with them!" she called, forcing her way through the waiting room to reach you and Dinah, panting heavily as soon as she caught up.

The hospital staff led the three of you to a delivery room, helping Dinah onto a hospital bed, then leaving you to wait for the contractions to be close enough together for Dinah to start pushing.

Jade continued calling each of the boys's phones in turn, frustratedly sighing before starting the cycle again.

"C'mon, Yoongi. I know that your phone is on," she muttered under her breath as the call went to voicemail again.

Then, on the third round of calling Jin, she hit gold.

"Hello?" he said groggily, "You do know it's like five in the morning here, right?"

"Consider it payback. Any chance Yoongi's around?" she replied, sounding oddly calm in the face of everything that was going on, her calmness shocking even herself.

"He's asleep. What's going on?"

"Could you wake him up?"

"I don't want to die."

"Kim Seokjin, do I sound like I'm joking? Go get Yoongi up, and tell him it's Jade."

Dinah groaned again from behind Jade, and she spun on her heel in order to face her, speaking in low, soothing tones and patting Dinah's face with a damp cloth.

A doctor walked in, inspected Dinah for a moment, and announced that it was time.

"Jin? Tell Yoongi I'm going to have to call him back," Jade said into the phone as she pulled scrubs on over her clothes. "It's go time."