Chapter 18-Ying Kim

"Jin seriously, I told you I don't want to date you."

"That's not my point. Can't I see the woman I work with every now and then?"

"We don't work together, you're in a different department."

"But I do have to talk to the people you turn in. So its almost the same thing."

I sigh. Even talking on the phone to this man is stressful.

"Come on. Let's just go for a coffee. We can destress about work." He says.

"Fine."

We settle on 3pm which is in half an hour. I grab my purse and put my basic necessities in it, making sure not to forget my gun. You never know, I might have to shoot the man. Just kidding.

I make my way down to the local coffee shop. When we first met each other, he had been having trouble carrying 2 trays of coffee. I had helped him out and discovered that he was new to the police station, and wanted to bring his department something to drink. I found it very kind of him. He gave me his coffee as well. I smile. Good times.

I order a green tea and take a seat at one of the many tables. The smell of coffee beans and pastries are calming. As I look around at the people working or having a chat with their friends, I start thinking about Taehyung. This morning he had sent a photo of himself wearing his new Gucci denim jacket. The boy really does have a thing for Gucci.

Suddenly, Seokjin pulls out the chair across from me and takes a seat, a coffee in hand. I can still see the smoke coming from the drink, Seokjin's hand protected from the heat by the cardboard sleeve.

"Afternoon sweetheart." Seokjin gives a wink.

"How are you?" I reply.

"Amazing, now that I can see your beautiful face."

I laugh. I hate to admit it, but Seokjin really is a smooth man.

We end up talking about work. I tell him how I haven't been able to find anyone yet.

"So its not that man you told me about last time?" Seokjin asks while taking a sip from his cup.

I shake my head.

"I wouldn't think so. He's actually very kind." Would it be ok to tell Seokjin that we're dating? I decide to keep it to myself. He doesn't need to know so much about my personal life.

"Well do you think you'll find him soon? We found something else."

"Hm?" I respond. Seokjin hands me a portfolio. Opening it up, I see a woman, probably in her early 20's, dead. Her face has so blemishes, and there's only a single gash on her neck. Its from a knife. The woman's name is Ying Kim.

"Half Chinese, half Korean. Her mother is from Beijing, father from Busan. We found her dead in her car, so we were able to find her identity from her license plate information. We believe that she was murdered about a week ago. Her body is in surprisingly good condition. For all we know, she could have been dead a month ago."

"Her body isn't rotting?"

"Bodies don't decompose that fast. Its a pretty slow process."

I nod. This is scary. Another citizen dead, and our only hunch is that the man we're looking for is behind it.

"Do her parents know about it?" I ask, flipping through the rest of the document. She had been majoring in the arts, and was to graduate from college next year.

"We told them three days ago. They had no idea. We found the car on the route to their home, so I think that she might have been planning to visit them as a surprise. She had some fruit with her in some fancy basket. A gift, perhaps." Seokjin shakes his head in dismay.

"Why haven't we told the public about the killer? Its obviously dangerous." I close the portfolio.

"Mr.Ryu says he doesn't want to scare anyone. The killing isn't often anyway. I think its stupid to not let people know, but he's the boss."

Not telling the people about how there is an anonymous murderer around is a bad idea. People's lives could be at stake and he chooses to sit around. Might as well ignore this case all together.

"Shit, I've got to go. Yours truly needs to help his mother move a piano." Seokjin says, taking a look at his cell phone. He winks and gets up from his seat, coffee in hand. He gives a wave and I return it with a smile and goodbye. Then he's off.

I really need to pick up the pace. But where do I start? I sigh and pack up my belongings. Time to go home and think.

Before I leave, however, I purchase a caramel coffee.

--------------------
Dear Reader,
I'm so sorry for the late update ;-; I had you wait 2 whole weeks....
I had march (spring) break last week and I got caught up in my outings and such. So I started writing this yesterday with a writers block. As a result, this chapter is mostly filler and short, but I hope you like it. I hope that I can get some more action going soon! As always, thank you for the support and all comments and votes are much appreciated.
The author,
Claire