Chapter 15-Tell Me

"Kim, how's the investigation going?" Asks Mr.Ryu from the other end of the line.

"Its going ok. I met someone and it might be him. But there isn't any strong evidence to support my hunch. I'll let you know if I can confirm that he's the man we're looking for." I reply. Taehyung is definitely a shady man, but I don't see any reason to turn him in, yet.

"Its been a month, Kim. I better be seeing some good results soon. Remember, don't trust ANYONE." His tone was stern.

I'm starting to feel really uneasy about my task, at the moment. My life better not go to shit.

••••••••••••

Taehyung looks around the bakery in wonder. Has he never been to one before? If he continues acting this cute, at this rate, I'll end up taking him here often just to see him in such an adorable state.

"So this is a shop...just for unhealthy foods?" Taehyung asks, his eyes wide as he looks at a colourful macaroon tower.

"In a way, yes. But be positive for once, my god. Its supposed to be a happy place." I roll my eyes.

"Wait. You want me to eat these?" Taehyung gestures to the treats displayed all over the shop in shock.

"If it makes you feel better, we can cut one in half. I didn't know you were so serious about your weight." I raise an eyebrow.

"Well-"

"Or I can cancel this outing and go home?"

Taehyung is silent.

"Aw, I thought you were going to disagree and have me stay with you. Well its ok. I'll just go home and won't see you again." I wipe away fake tears.

"No, that's not what I meant!" Taehyung says frantically.

•••••••

Taehyung takes another forkful of strawberry shortcake and puts it in his mouth, obviously happy with his choice.

"What happened to Mr.I-Can't-Gain-Weight??" I ask as I eat my own cake.

"Shut up. Shouldn't you also be worried or concerned a little?" Taehyung replies, his cheeks slightly rouge and avoiding eye contact. I watch his slender hands play with the fork. He flips it around flawlessly as if he's done it hundreds of times.

I continue eating and once he realizes that I'm no longer watching, he eats again as well.

"What do you want to do after this?"

"Want to take a walk again?"

••••••••••

We stroll down the pathway in the park we went to together the first time. This time I remember to stay close to Taehyung. I'm not getting lost this time. I mean, he won't get lost this time. Ok, fine, it was me.

"Please stay close to me. I don't want to get lost again." I mutter, not wanting to look Taehyung in the eye. To be honest, I'm still a little embarrassed.

Instead of saying anything, his reply was taking my hand is his and keeping me close to him. So close that our arms are now touching completely.

Fuck.

Fuck, this is really close.

I can feel my face turning slightly pink at this sudden contact. I look down at our hands, fingers intertwined. We're not even dating yet Taehyung took my hand. Its really sweet of him. We walk around looking at birds together and make small talk every now and then.

"Hey, isn't that a raven?" I say.

A rare sight, there is indeed a raven standing on a tree branch. Due to it being quite high, we have to crane our necks up to see it.

I see Taehyung silently watch the raven. Its not the most glamorous bird. But Taehyung is beautiful.

But they're both alone.

"Can we go home now? I'm tired." Taehyung suddenly says, turning his head to me. He's the most handsome man I've ever seen, with the most beautiful personality I've ever known, regardless of the flaws that I may not know of yet.

Of course.

I nod.

Holding hands, we take a bus home.

I strangely start to think that this might be the sweetest day in my life.

••••••••

We enter his house and soon sit on the couch together. Taehyung leans his head back, resting his head on the sofa. I can see his insanely sharp jawline, but that's not important. He falls asleep quickly. I rest my head on the arm rest and watch him for a bit. I find myself completely at peace when I look at him.

I close my eyes and sleep.

•••••••••

I open my eyes to feel a weight on my lap. I glance downwards to see Taehyung resting his head on me, his hands in front of him. Did he fall asleep on me again? I smile softly. I touch his cheek lightly to see if he's still sleeping.

"You're awake?" He says quietly.

His low, smooth voice is music to my ears. I've gotten so soft over this boy, I admit.

"Yeah. Did you sleep well?" I ask.

"Yes. Can I tell you something?"

"Sure."

"A few months ago, I met someone. And I think I like her. A lot. I want to make sure she's always happy by my side. But I don't know if she likes me back." Taehyung says, his eyes never wandering from the unlit fireplace.

"Can I tell you something?" I say.

He nods.

"Is it weird that I might have fallen in love with you? Its ok if you don't like me back in that way but I think I should take this load off my shoulders." I instantly regret saying this, but there's no going back now.

"Then is it ok if I do this?" Taehyung gets up and looks me in the eye.

Then he leans in, no hesitation in his movements.

---------
Dear Reader,
What do you think happened??