Chapter 9-Like Me

"Hey V, we should hang out more during the day instead of always in the evening. I mean, only if you're ok with it." I say as the two of us watch television. Its been about 2 weeks since we first started our daily get together at his house. Its so gloomy since I come when the sky is dark.

"I don't want to. I don't like daytime that much." V looks away. I observe how he shifts further away from me on the small couch, even though he's practically at the end already. He crosses his arms, and I can see that his arms are quite fit like the rest of his body. Perhaps this is because he may be the killer? No, Seoyeon, ignore that; he's your friend. He's mysterious and sweet on the inside and I like that. I can't call him the killer until its confirmed with enough evidence.

"I like night. Its dark and less people will see me." He mutters. I only notice now that his voice is very deep and smooth. Its comforting somehow.

"But I want to see you more." I say, then regret it immediately because what if he takes it the wrong way? I don't like him like that!

V doesn't reply. He continues looking away from me at the end of the couch. After a moment or two, he gets up and opens the door. He waits for me to leave.

I sigh and get up, putting on my cashmere coat. I'm out the doorway when he suddenly says something.

"Tomorrow. 8:30am." He quickly closes the door and closes all the blinds in his house that I can see.

I smile. I knew he didn't hate me. Well then, Mr.V; 8:30am it is.

••••••••••••

I make sure my hair is nice and that there's nothing wrong before I leave home to meet V. I bring my purse. It has my phone, money, and other necessities. And my gun. I may not need it, but you never know.

I make my way towards the black market. Once there, I walk into the alley and turn the corner to the apartment. I find V already there, in his usual outside outfit. The black cashmere coat, mask, dress shoes, and pants. Probably a black shirt. Its getting a little repetitive, but he looks handsome in it, to be honest.

I wave hello and he nods, not removing the mask. Guess he really doesn't want to talk to people. I remember how he said he didn't have any friends. I'm not sure if its right, but I feel lucky.

We leave the alley and walk to the coffee shop nearby. I ask him if he'd like anything. He says that he just wants a caramel coffee. Funny, that's what I want as well. Who knew we'd be similar in coffee taste.

I order two and place his in front of him. He thinks for a moment, realizing he'll have to take off his mask to drink the hot beverage. I'm already sipping at the foam which has a pretty cream leaf on it. He looks at the people around him, consumed in their coffee drinking and talking. He looks at me. He finally decides to take the mask off and drink his coffee.

I can't help but notice his long, slender fingers that grasp the cup. They're very attractive, even though they're just hands. Big, long, thin, beautiful. Does he have any flaws at all? He has mole on his nose; that's cute. Once I finish examining that, I find myself looking at his eyes again. They're so mesmerizing. I could get lost in them.

"Hello?" V says.

"Sorry." I finish my coffee.

"So...what do people like you do?" Asks the man sitting across from me.

"I don't know, now that I think about it." I ponder about it for a bit and then say, "Walks in the park?"

••••••••••••

We find ourselves in the local park, taking a walk. Only there's a slight complication. I'm rather lost.

I had turned a corner and walked around, looking at the birds. A few minutes later, I realized that V was not behind me. I started panicking on the inside; he said he doesn't like people (other than me, I guess).

I start walking back the way I came to find him. After awhile of searching, I still can't find him. I'm very confused. Where did he go? Its 3 in the afternoon. We came here at 1, after eating. I start getting anxious. Stay strong Seoyeon, remember that he's a grown man that can take care of himself.

Suddenly, I feel an arm snake around my waste, taking me away to the side of the pathway. I look up, alarmed with my fists up to see V. I sigh in relief.

"I thought you got lost!" I exclaim, once freed from his grasp.

"I got lost?!" He says in bewilderment. "Last time I saw you, you were looking around like a crazy lady." He crosses his arms.

"I was looking for you! I was worried, ok." I sigh.

"Ok, ok, fine. You care, I get it."

We stand looking at each other in silence for a bit. I stuff my hands in my pockets since its getting chilly all of a sudden.

V walks past me and continues walking.

"Let's go home. I don't want you getting lost again." He says, not looking back at me.

"I...I didn't get lost!!" I say back, running after him.

As we walk home, V starts up conversation.

"I saw you looking at birds."

"Yeah, I like them."

"What's your favourite bird then?"

"I don't have one. Do you like birds?"

"I like ravens."

"Why?"

V looks down.

"They're like me, in a way."