Chapter 8-V

I wait in front of the apartment door; its 8:30pm. Where is he? I want to know his name, at least. Maybe he doesn't want to talk today. Did I do something wrong? He could be upset that I didn't come for the past 2 days but then again he most likely didn't care.

I'm about to leave when I hear a click from the door. I look but no one comes out. I knock.

"Anyone home?" I call. I quickly retract my hand from knocking; the door is very hard (not that I expected it to be soft). No one answers. I check the door handle and its unlocked. Did he unlock the door for me? I open it slowly, calling for him again.

"Hello? Mister?" I say, looking for him at the door.

"Here, dumbass."

I whirl around to see him behind me, next to the door. He was waiting? He leans against the wall, arms crossed and looking down. He wears a black T-shirt and black jeans. Not to mention the black socks. So much black its like a part of him.

"Hey. I didn't come the past 2 days because I had plans." I explain, unsure if he would like to know or not.

"I had plans too. Not that I care about yours. I just saw you arrive so I unlocked the door." He scoffs.

"Aw, you saw me and wanted to let me in? That's sweet." I smile.

He gives me a scowl and my smile fades. I apologize quickly, not wanting to anger him. He walks to another room, leaving me at the doorway.

"You going to follow or not, stupid?" I hear him call from the room.

I take off my shoes and follow his voice to find myself in the kitchen, where he drinks water from a water bottle. He points to the table which has another bottle.

"That's for you and put your coat on the chair. I don't really care." He says, not bothering to look at me. He's warmed up quickly, even if he doesn't like me yet.

I place my coat on the chair and open the water bottle, taking a sip. Unlike what I thought, its raspberry flavoured water. Never expected him to like this stuff (and no, I didn't read the label, ok). I look at his bottle and find it lemon flavour. Did he pick out raspberry for me? That's actually kind of....cute, considering the fact we're not really friends.

"Don't think that just because I picked a water that's different than mine means anything." He says, as if reading my thoughts.

I shake my head and drink some more water. Its nice. I read the brand name and make a note in my mind to check it out.

Wait.

I look at the man standing at the kitchen counter. His face is fully revealed and visible since the lights are on. He's not ugly or anything. He has wonderful eyes that are still as mysterious and captivating like day 1. I mean, I say this on a normal level; not that I have a crush on him, please.

"May I know your name? Its been awhile and we seem to be on friendly terms." I say suddenly, after a moment of awkward silence and water drinking.

He pauses and stares at me.

"You can call me V. I'm not giving you my name yet; nobody knows so you should feel special that you can even address me." He says, then resumes drinking his water, looking at me dead in the eye.

"Well, Mr.V, that's a very nice name you've given me. I should be off now, unless you would like me to stay longer." I stand up from the chair, bowing to him.

"How old are you?" He asks.

21, I say.

"I'm older than you, but you don't have to bow. What am I, an evil boss?" He says, giving me a weird look. Its funny.

"Ok.....V. I'll be off now." I say, putting my coat on.

"You don't have to go yet, there's no rush." He says.

I stop.

"Its not like I have any friends anyway." I hear him mutter quietly under his breath.

"You want me to stay?"

"Sure. I don't care."

I end up staying for another 3 hours, and we talk about ourselves. Actually, its mostly me doing the talking while he asks questions. I only know that he's older than me, his favourite colour is black (that explains the clothes), and that he used to have a dog (it died 3 years ago).

I wave goodbye to V who stands at the door, watching me leave. He's a kind man, I think. He may seem cold but I believe there might be more to him.

---------------------
Sorry for the short chapter. I don't have time to write a nice, lengthy one but I wanted to give you something small and "sweet" (at least in my opinion).