Chapter 17-Shopping

"Taehyung, you need to buy some more clothes."

"No...I have a lot here."

I look at the drawers and closet full of black attire. I give him a look that says 'really?'

"Yes you have a lot, but what I mean is that you should have some more variety. Not that I don't like your clothes, it just gets repetitive." I say, holding 3 shirts that are exactly the same.

Taehyung doesn't say anything for a minute.

"Fine, but only because you think I need more." He says, his cheeks slightly pink.

I laugh and poke his cheek.

"Let's go!"

We take a taxi to the mall. As we get in, Taehyung puts his mask back on. I give him a weird look and he shrugs, diverting his gaze from me. As we're driven to our destination, Taehyung silently holds my hand resting on the seat of the car. He glances at the driver, making sure he doesn't see the interaction between the two of us; his cheeks a little pink from underneath the mask.

I smile softly and intertwine our fingers. Its a strange feeling. I feel warm and fuzzy inside, like I just drank a nice cup of hot chocolate. I really like it when he does little things like this. Its been about 2 weeks since we confessed to each other yet every time something like this happens, it feels brand new. But I like it.

We finally arrive and I reach for my wallet to pay when Taehyung stops me. He pays the man driving us with an obvious smile able to be seen through the mask due to his eye-smile.

"My turn." He says.

"Have fun lovebirds." The driver says as he waves goodbye to us.

I can see Taehyung blush as I say an awkward thank you.

•••••••••

As we walk to the stores, I look at the taller man. To my embarrassment, I find myself wondering how he stays so fit. His muscular arms that I saw this morning when his coat was off, and his sleek jawline. Not to mention the perfect pair of legs he has, displayed well from the skinny jeans he wears. He even has a Gucci belt, I realize.

"Let's go in here." I say, and lead Taehyung to a men's store, full of fashionable clothing of different styles.

Taehyung immediately makes a beeline for the black attire section he can see from afar.

"Taehyung we're supposed to get stuff different than what you have!" I laugh and direct him to the rest of the store.

Taehyung makes a face but follows me anyway.

I collect several outfits for him to try on and we make our way to the dressing rooms.

"Hello, how many items do you have?" The staff member supervising the dressing rooms asks.

"Uhm...15." I laugh. The woman looks at the pile of clothes I hold and gives me the "8" tag.

"You're only allowed to have 8 at a time so your boyfriend can stay here and hold the other 7 for now." She says, tilting her head up to take a look at Taehyung.

"Oh these clothes are for him."

Taehyung pulls his mask down and nods slightly at the lady.

"Oh! I am so sorry I just thought-so sorry, oh dear. I'm so sorry, you just switch then." She says, obviously embarrassed and frazzled.

Taehyung takes 8 and I stay behind with the woman while holding the other 7.

"So how long have you been dating? My name's Jiyoon by the way." She asks.

"Oh not long, just a week or two ago. Nice to meet you, I'm Jisu."

"Nice to meet you too. And that's so nice. He looks like a genuinely nice boy despite his dark appearance."

"He really is. He's still quite monotone but he can be really cute." I blush.

"Awe, look at you. Well, make sure the two of you treat each other right, ok?" Jiyoon replies, smiling at how I'm hiding my face.

I nod, and Taehyung walks out of his stall wearing a red sweater having a white border around the v-neck with a blue dress shirt underneath, and his usual black jeans.

"That's a keep." Jiyoon says.

"You right." I reply.

Taehyung just blushes a little and pokes at the sleeve of the sweater.

••••••••••

"Today wasn't that bad, see?" I say as we drink some bubble tea.

Taehyung takes a sip from his own cup and thinks for a bit.

"I guess. You got me a lot of colours though. How did you know I like Gucci though?"

"You're wearing a Gucci belt, stupid."

"That's your nickname, not mine."

I laugh. We had gone to a Gucci store and I found Taehyung a denim jacket in light blue. It was pretty and I thought it'd suit him well. I was going to pay for it but Taehyung stopped me and payed for it instead.

"Oh, can you wait here?" Taehyung suddenly says and walks off to another store far away, leaving me here.

"Did you just-" I begin to say but stop myself. I'll just wait, its ok.

20 minutes later Taehyung finally comes back empty handed. At least that's what I see. I waited for so long just for him to look at stuff alone?

"We can go now!" Taehyung smiles. I notice that he's taken the mask off. I smile back. As we walk outside, he takes my hand in his own and swings our arms a little, his other hand holding several bags of clothes, still.. A grown man with a strong inner child. He's so adorable.

"When's your birthday?" He asks out of the blue.

"September 3rd, why?"

"Nothing."

"It's August, if you're thinking about a present don't worry. I don't need one."

Taehyung shushes me and gives me that box-like smile of his along with a laugh. This boy will be the end of me.

----------
Dear Reader,
Sorry for the late update! Please tell me what you think will happen and what you are looking for as the story goes on! I'd like to know your thoughts. On a side note, all votes and comments are always appreciated.
The Author,
Claire💚