5.

×××

I sat on the rough gravel beside the school as the sun pierced my skin. Lunch is really the best period huh? I definitely understand why people enjoy it so much. Just sitting with your friends, enjoying the glorious time away from the dreariness of sitting in a desk for the next 5 hours.

Sitting alone obviously isn't the best approach at "fitting in" but it sure beats the awkwardness of aimlessly walking around, trying to find a seat. Right?

I ate away at my hell of a bologna sandwich until I saw Allison walking over towards me.

"Hey, Maia, why don't you sit with me and Lydia. I'm sure she wouldn't mind" she said motioning to Lydia in the background. She was checking herself out in her pink floral pocket-sized mirror until she noticed me and smiled. I returned the favor.

"Oh yeah sure, thanks" I said gathering my things.

"No problem, it sure beats sitting on the floor" she giggled.

"Whaaat? Psh, the floor was actually pretty comfortable, like I could sleep there a day or two if I could" I joked.

"Sarcastic I see. I know the perfect person for you to hang out with"

We got to the busy table of guys when Lydia cleared her throat. Causing them to go googly eyed at her and move to another table.

I'm guessing she's the popular stereotype huh? Having every boy wrapped around your finger must feel powerful, I don't blame her though. She's got it all, looks, friends, and grades. I know I just got here but I'm pretty sure not everyone can get an A+ on a trigonometry test.

"Oh really? Who?" I asked.

"Stiles"

"Interesting name"

"It's actually his nickname but nobody really calls him by his name"

"Oh, so what's he like?" I said continuing my lunch.

"Super funny, sarcastic, and really interested in his dad's job. He's the sheriff."

"Hm, he sounds cool" I said.

"Hey guys" a guy with messy hair said, sitting beside me. Behind him was a girl with black-like hair and dark eyes that sat next to Allison. I recognized them from earlier outside.

"Hey guys, and uh Mia right?" he asked flashing a smile.

"Maia actually" I replied.

"Right, sorry, um, you guys saw Stiles today?" he asked?

"No, I don't think he came to school today" Allison said. "He okay?"

"I don't know, he's been acting weird lately" he said.

"Stiles always acts weird, what do you mean?" Lydia said.

"Like weirder than normal" he replied. "Maia, you live next to him right? I think I saw you moving in the other day."

"I guess, yeah, why?"

After school we ended up going to his house to check on him. I didn't mind, he sounded like a nice guy. We
arrived at his house, this'll be interesting...

×××