I chuckled. Why does he want to dance with me? No one else was dancing. I looked around to survey my surrouding and realised I was wrong. People were actually dancing to the soft music which started playing...when? When did all of this happen?

"It would be my absolute pleasure, kind officer." I curtisied, earning a full mouth-watering grin from him. I extended my hand and put it in his.

We both danced silently for two songs. Just passing each other teasing smiles and smirks.

"You know what, Vivian," Elliot came closer to my ear, his grip on my waist tightening. "I wished you were my mate."

I let out a gasp.

Chills went down my spine. My heartbeat quickened.

Did he just say what I think he said? Did Elliot Jackson just said that he wished he was MY mate? Is he talking for real? My high school crush, let me repeat, my high school crush wished he was my MATE?

My heart swooned, an automatic smile formed on my face, whereas my wolf growled with anger.

"Ethan is ours. No one else."

I ignored her. To hell with Ethan.

Eliiot continued, "It would've been such a privilege to have you as mine."

Before I could swoon a little more, a low growl interrupted us.

"Well too bad she isn't yours." I heard a familiar voice.

I got goosebumps, my heartbeat fastened even more.

Ethan.

"Alpha," Elliot let go of me and bowed teasingly, a smirk present on his face, "Do you recognise this beauty?" His hands found their way around my waist again.

Ethan's eyes darkened a little as he clenched his fists.

My wolf was pissed. She wanted to tear off Elliot's arms and run to Ethan.

"Of course, I do. How can I forget, dear Vivian?"

I literally collapsed when I heard my name roll of his tongue like silk. If it wasn't for Elliot's grasp on my waist, I would've been jelly on the ground.

Oh Goddess, help me.

A brief pause ensued which was eventually broken by Ethan.

"Elliot, you mind if I steal her for a dance?" Ethan questioned.

Wait, whaaaaaaaat? Something does not add up. I just did not get asked by Ethan for a bloody dance.

My wolf jumped with excitement, "You don't have to ask that idiot, you're our mate! You can do anything to us!"

"Shut up!" I snapped at my wolf.

Please Elliot say no. Please. PLEASE.

You know what, I don't need Elliot to tell Ethan no, I'll tell him myself.

But I couldn't since Elliot just nodded and gave my hand in his.

It was a mistake.

As soon as we made contact, shivers went down my spine as I felt something electric take a whole round of my body. My body felt charged

Something that was missing from Elliot and I's touch.

His arm moved around my waist, grabbing it firmly. My wolf howled with pleasure. I couldn't deny the pleasure my wolf and I felt in contact with him. I didn't want him to let go of me, ever.