She Doesn't Cry Anymore - Intro

Hey!

Although I have written before, this is my first story on Wattpad, and I have put a lot of time into it. Hopefully as the story progresses you will enjoy it more and more!

So please leave advice, vote, comment and stuff.

Thanks a load and Stay tuned!

Peace out ;P

Enjoy!

**Updated**

============================================================================

An imposing presence rose, his colossal  figure towering over the cowering woman. My mother. He raised his fist again, delivering a forceful blow to her already bruised cheek. I heard her whimper.

I couldn't let this happen. Not anymore. She had suffered too much.

Jumping out from behind the door, I grabbed the already bloody rolling pin, brandishing it silently. I saw him tense, about to turn as I nailed him across the head. It didn't have the effect I wanted; I could feel the fear chilling my bones, the adrenaline pumping my heart, and the anger fueling my muscles. He reached behind his back, pulling out a knife and smirking, "Oh my dear Niara, you should have never done that."

"GET AWAY FROM HER!"

Everything stopped. I saw what was about to happen; him react, his face as hard as stone. Mother leaping from her position, a smashed bottle clutched above her. As he turns, he raises the knife, penetrating her stomach. Crimson stained her white frock, spreading rapidly. The life drained from her weary eyes. "Mother no!" but it had already happened. I reached an arm out, and felt a searing pain burst from my forearm. A knife had been plunged into it. I didn't have time. Soon it would be over. I had to run. But where? The forest. He wouldn't find me there.

***

Shadows flashed across the bushes and trees. The wind howled, whipping my hair across my face. Fear gripped me in it's artic claws. I saw a two red specks, like eyes, in the path ahead. What was it, I thought, as I attempted to run, but my body was frozen to the spot.