Chapter 9 ~ The Fire

"...seatbelts as we begin to make our descent" the lady on the intercom chirped as I opened my eyes. Dan was watching an anime on his laptop and he noticed me looking up at him.

"Hey" I whispered as I sat up, causing his arms to drop from around me. Needless to say I was disappointed that we weren't touching anymore.

"Hey" he whispered in reply to me. He paused his show and looked into my (E/C) eyes with his chocolaty brown ones. I flashed him a sleepy smile and rested my head down on his shoulder. He wrapped his arms around me and I got butterflies in my stomach. Then the plane started to land, causing me to panic a bit.

Dan noticed how much I tensed up at this and pulled me closer. I buried my face in his neck, causing him to flinch at the first touch but then he hugged me. My mind started to wander from the flight as I breathed in, his scent became my only thought. 'Is this creepy?' I thought as I breathed in again. I dismissed it as I looked up at him. He looked down and kissed me. Something about the way he did it made me happy. It wasn't a kiss of lust, but was slow, soft and very romantic.

After we pulled away, I leaned back into him and closed my eyes. He gave me an earbud playing "Helena" by My Chemical Romance(song at the top). I smiled and my heart rate sped up. I started singing slightly as I felt the music run through my veins.

"So long and goodnight..." I sang quietly as the song came to a close. I opened my eyes for the first time since the song began. Dan had taken his earbud out and was just listening to me singing.

"You have a beautiful voice" he whispered as the plane made contact with the runway. Now my heart was really racing, this time not due to the song, or the plane, but from the happiness that Dan brought me. He twirled my (H/C) hair around his finger until our plane came to a stop. We woke Phil, grabbed our luggage and walked off the plane.

"I have to go to the restroom. I'll be right back" I said to the boys.

"OMGGGG HAIIIIIIIII!" a girl screamed as I left the bathroom.

"Hi!" I chirped back as I opened my arms to accept her hug.

"I love your videos!" She managed to speak, starstruck. I said thanks and she asked the question that everybody has been asking "So are you and Dan a thing?"

"Yeah" I chuckled to her. Then I remembered. Dan and Phil were waiting for me. "Oh shoot! Dan!" I somewhat exclaimed. "I'm sorry but I really have to get back to them" I quickly snapped a selfie with her and signed her phone case. 

"Where were you?" Dan questioned as I walked back to them.

"I got noticed by a fan. I can't say no to a quick conversation with them. Sorry" I chocked apologetically. The two of them understood and Phil called a cab. Dan held my hand as we rode to my flat. Smoke. Everywhere.

Flames filled my home, burning it to the ground. I stared at it in awe, the red light emitting off the flames flickering on my face. One thought kept racing through my head, 'What now?'.

"Where do I go?" I whispered. Dan and Phil overheard this and looked at each other.

"You can stay with us" Phil said kindly.

"I.. I mean if you to we'd be glad to have you" Dan stuttered.

"Thank you!" I cried as I wrapped my arms around Dan and Phil, pulling them in for a hug. After I pulled away I kissed Dan on the cheek. Even in the dying light I could see him smile. I put in earbuds and fell asleep, letting all of my problems drift away with my consciousness.