35. How did this happen?!

Start from the beginning

"What happened?" I questioned.

"He'll be right there. He's also going to inform master Arif to get here. Let me take you to lounge 5," the worker answered.

"Thank you so much!" I replied.

As soon as he took me to the lounge, I sat there, tapping my foot impatiently on the carpeted floor. Moments later, the door opened, revealing Asif.

"Assalamualeikum, Saamih. How are you doing?" He asked, giving me his hand to shake, which I did.

"Wa'alaykumsalaam, Asif. I'm alright. Asif, where is Samiha?" I asked, not wanting to beat around the bush.

"She had gone with your other sister to the company headquarters. Your dad wanted to see them," he said, giving me a questioning look.

Before I could say anything else, the door opened again and Arif came in. He also greeted me and shook my hand.

"So what happened?" Arif asked, after exchanging greetings.

"Actually, I was at work. About 45 minutes ago, I received a call from Samaah, and she told me to get here right away. There was some urgency in her voice. She didn't even let me ask her anything and ended the call before I could even react! I rushed out of my office immediately, when I realised I left my phone behind. But not wanting to waste any time, I immediately drove here. Only to be told that those two aren't here. And I can't even call them to ask them what's wrong, why they told me to come here, and ask them where they are because I forgot my phone in the office," I narrated.

"Wow, seems fishy. Here, use my phone to call Samaah," Arif said, handing me a sleek new Samsung after unlocking the screen.

I immediately dialed Samaah's number. Her phone rang till the end, but she didn't pick up. I tried again, but still no answer.

"What happened?" Arif asked, and Asif looked at me questioningly.

"No answer. She's not picking up," I said, and a feeling of dread settled somewhere inside me. I was so worried! Were my sisters okay? Why wasn't Samaah picking up?

"Try calling Samiha," Asif said, giving me his own phone. I immediately took it and dialed Samiha's number. Placing the phone against my ear, I waited for her to answer, but the outcome was the same as with Samaah.

"No answer, again!" I said, this time, worry clear in my voice, handing Asif back his phone.

Arif looked down at his phone and started tapping at the screen.

"Wait! I just opened my whatsapp and I have an audio message from each of the sisters!" Arif exclaimed.

"Strange! Why would Samiha send you a message and not me? Unless..." Asif trailed off, immediately looking at his own phone. "Here, I also have the audio messages from each sister!"

"Play the audios then!" I said, unable to hide the impatience from my voice.

Arif played it, and with every word said by the two people in the audio recording, I became increasingly horrified. My mouth hung open and I immediately felt parched. I had no idea who this Yan fellow was, but from the shocked yet hard looks on the identical faces of the twins, they knew very well who he was. After listening to the complete recording, the twins shared a look I couldn't understand.