18. I basically just blindly signed a contract.

Samiha's P.O.V

I came back home after a day spent with my old friends. Three months had flown and I had only spoken to Asif twice, once when I needed to open my closet and he was standing in my way, and the second time, he spoke to me telling me his mum was calling me. Other than that, we never communicated.

When I entered the house, I went straight to Samaah's room because I knew that since no one was at home and Arif was probably with his friends in one of the lounges, Samaah would be alone. But to my surprise, Samaah wasn't in her room. Now where would I find her in this massive house? I thought she may either be in one of the kitchens or the library or the studies, so I began my search for my sister. When I was in one the the studies that overlooked the backyard, I did a double take. There was Samaah with Arif! And what were they doing? I squinted to see what they were doing and smiled. Arif was teaching her archery. He was standing behind her, holding her arms as if helping her to position herself! It looked so adorable because Samaah was quite short, and Arif wasn't, so he seemed to be enveloping her from behind. Well, at least my initial idea of them 'bonding' over archery worked, I thought. I felt genuinely pleased that my little sister and her husband seemed to be getting along. As for Asif, he never even gave me the time of the day, not that I cared about him anyway. I detested the guy. I decided to leave Samaah to spend time with her husband. As for myself, I decided that I wanted to meet up with someone.

~\.\~\.\~\.\~\.\~\.\~\.\~\.\~\.\~\.\~\.\~\.\~

"Assalamualeikum! You came!" I greeted happily.

"Wa'alaykumsalaam. How could I not? I missed you!" He said squeezing me in a tight bear hug.

"I've missed you more, big bro!" I said, hugging him back.

"So, why'd you call me to your palace?" Saamih asked, looking around. We were currently in lounge 6. My parents-in-law had allowed me to invite whoever I wanted. They said Samaah and I were their new princesses since their daughters didn't stay with them.

"Do I have to have a reason to call my brother to come and visit me? I've missed you so much!" I said.

"Aww. By the way, staying here has done you good, because I can no longer see Granny Grumps here anymore!" He teased.

"You just might bring Granny Grumps back. She is awakened by you," I told him and he laughs.

"Okay, on a serious note now. How are you doing, sis? Is that dude treating you well? And what about your in-laws?" He asked me.

"My in-laws are awesome. I love them. Asif on the other hand," I paused. "I don't like him, Saamih. I really don't. Since we got married, we have only spoken to each other a total of three times, the first time when he told me that we should leave, back home and twice since I've moved in here. We can't stand each other. The only thing he probably likes about me is my cooking. And the only thing I like about him is nothing at all." I was breathing heavily after that rant.

"Samiha, I'll talk to da-" he began to say.

"No!" I almost shouted, interrupting him. "You can't tell this to anyone, Saamih. No one should know. Especially not dad. He's finally happy with his new job. And besides, if any problems were to arise, my in-laws would be so upset, and Saamih, I really like them."

"But Samiha, that prick is not keeping you happy!" He said, visibly upset.

"Okay, maybe he's not. But you know what made me happy today? Come, let me show you," I said, grabbing his hand.

I led him to the backyard and we stood quite a distance away from where Samaah and Arif were. They had their backs to us, and they were still practicing archery.

"This is what made me happy, Saamih. Seeing Samaah with Arif. The two of us talk about this married life thing everyday, and she told me that her and Arif never talk either. The only communication they have is when she wakes him up for Fajr and that too, he doesn't talk to her. But today, for the first time in three months, not only are they talking, they are actually enjoying!" I said.

"Well, at least her life is improving Samiha. But who knows? What if it's only for today? What if after this archery thing, they go back to the way they were? And the fact that Arif's an arrogant prick doesn't change you know," he said, uncertainly. "Look, Samiha. You girls are my sisters and you matter most to me. Heck, I'm by far way closer to you two than I am to mum and dad. Seeing you upset Samiha breaks my heart. I'm definitely going to speak to dad," he said, with a determined look on his face.

"Saamih, you won't do anything of the sort. Do you know how much stress that would put dad through? And our family will all jump on dad, saying we told you so! That's not what I want. And lets give Samaah a chance with Arif. What if they begin to bond and talk properly? Once they get close, it will be a piece of cake for Samaah to change him! It's not just about me, Saamih. This is about dad, my in-laws, Samaah and Arif, and everyone else involved." I pleaded with him.

"But you don't like Asif. That brat is no good for you. At least Arif did try and communicate with Samaah, even if she didn't like him. At least he tells her to wake him up for Fajr! But Asif? That dude doesn't even utter a word to you! In three months, he's only talked to you thrice? Come on, Samiha!" Saamih said.

"But neither have I bothered to talk to him!" I replied.

"Fine, let's make a deal," he said. I groaned. I knew Saamih's deals always ended up with me in the torture seat, not literally of course. "You're not getting out of this deal, lil' sis. Okay, listen up. You will initiate a conversation with your husband. You, alright? He is your husband after all. And I recall you telling me on your first day of marriage that you promised your mother-in-law that you'll try to change Asif. So you will begin talking to him and get him close to you. And Samiha, if you don't, I'm going to talk to dad about this whole thing and tell him to end it. So the ball is in your court," he paused to look at me sternly. "And don't think that because I don't live with you, you'll get away with not talking to him because I wouldn't come to know, because believe me, I will. I'll ask Samaah, or even Asif himself, to tell me whether the two of you are talking or not."

Oh, no! I just got myself in a situation! I suddenly regretted telling Saamih everything. Even if I was glad that someone else other than Samaah knew about my life with Asif, and I could pour my heart out to Saamih, I basically just blindly signed a contract which will forcefully make me talk to Asif. What made matters worse, was when he saw Arif and Samaah. He felt that if Samaah and Arif can communicate then why not me and Asif?

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Finally! I got a chance to bring Saamih back!!

Anywhoz, I know I barely have any reads, not a single vote nor comment, but please give this story a chance. It will get even more interesting, I promise.