10. No turning back now.

Samaah's P.O.V

We finally reached the Hamid 'palace' as Samiha and I preferred to call it. Saamih dropped us off and drove away and I wished he could take me with him. I felt Samiha take my hand and I grasped hers as if my life depended on it.

Immediately, one of their hundreds of workers came to us.

"You must be the twins' to-be fiancées?" He asked and we both nodded. He then gestured to us to follow him, and we did.

This time, the walk wasn't as interesting, firstly because of the fact that I was overly tensed regarding this engagement which was what occupied my thoughts, and secondly because I was mesmerised the first time I came here and I had already seen all this before. By the time we reached the actual house, the doors were wide open, with a guard standing there, holding a list with the names of the invited guests. We had to give him our names and introduce ourselves as the would-be fiancées and he let us in.

A woman in her mid-twenties saw us lingering at the door and she immediately came rushing to us.

"Assalamualeikum, Samiha and Samaah. You girls are standing here and the whole function is for you! You do realise it can't start without you two, so you have to go?" She asked. She seemed very bubbly. I was suprised that she recognised us.

"Yes, but we don't know where to go. Where is this function held?" I asked.

"That is why I was sent here, to show you two where your engagement is held. We'll be going to lounge 1," she replied, and started walking, the two of us in her trail.

"My name is Aliyah, by the way. I'm Asif and Arif's older sister," she introduced.

She asked us about ourselves - our ages, occupations, hobbies, whatnot. She seemed very nice. I could hardly believe that such a humble woman was the sister to those big headed twins. She didn't have a drop of arrogance or pride in her. And she was actually very bubbly, as I had assumed earlier. We learnt a lot about her. She got married a year ago and lived overseas with her husband. She came back here yesterday for the engagement and was to stay here till we got married. She was 26 years old, and unlike her brothers, she had pursued a university education. She was a qualified engineer. I found it interesting how she pursued a career which was stereotypically for men. That showed her open-mindedness. Unlike her brothers, who were narrow-minded and decided not to pursue any career because they were the heirs of their father's company. Besides, they didn't even work at their father's company. But she was very different from them and I liked her immediately.

"We're here!" She said, after a long rant about how during her own engagement, she had to go all the way abroad just for a single function. Believe it or not, that was a very interesting story.

The lounge door was also open. This was lounge 1. The first word that came into my mind to describe this lounge was massive. This lounge was humungous. I mean, lounge 3 was as big as the entire ground floor of our house, but this was a completely different definition of massive. This lounge was as big as a whole hall. I looked at Samiha and noticed her mouth open in shock and her eyes as wide as saucers. I was pretty sure that's exactly what my expression looked like as well. There were about seventy or so women, and this lounge held them all very comfortably. In fact, it was big enough to hold about two to three hundred women.

Not only was this lounge absolutely massive but it was beautiful. The colour scheme here was white and gold. The wallpaper consisted of white and gold stripes, and there were several sets of white and gold pure leather sofas, which had been pushed away against the walls. A large mat partly covered an expensive looking carpet, and it was placed for the women to sit on. However, one sofa was placed facing the women and Aliyah directed us to go and sit on it since it was kept for us. Once we sat, all the women stopped talking immediately and their attention was diverted to us. Mrs Hamid saw us and gave us a wide smile which I returned. She was mum's friend and I knew her from before. I just didn't know her family. She immediately made her way towards us and stood by where we were sitting.