31. Of course they would bulletproof the glass.

Samaah's P.O.V

I woke up at exactly quarter to eight and rushed to the bathroom. Arif was still sleeping, but I knew he would wake up anytime from now. I took a nice, long shower, and got dressed in some simple clothes. What I wore didn't really matter because I always put on my abaya. My abaya was the most comfortable garment and I didn't feel like going anywhere without it. When I stepped out of the bathroom, Arif was awake, sitting up on the bed. I just said salaam and he replied. I then went to put on my abaya and hijaab.

"I thought you were done with uni?" He asked, looking at me.

"I'm not going to uni," I replied.

"Oh, then where are you going?" He questioned.

"To the company headquarters. My dad has been shifted there and your parents decided to make him the M.D of the company. So he requested your parents that he wants to meet Samiha and I, and so we're going there to see him," I answered.

"Oh alright. Have a nice time with your dad and give him my salaam," Arif said, grabbing his clothes and making his way to the bathroom.

When I was completely ready, I made my way downstairs to have breakfast at one of the dining rooms. When I got there, my parents-in-law where already there, but Samiha hadn't come yet, but after about five minutes, Samiha also entered.

"Assalamualeikum," she chirped.

We all returned her greeting and started talking.

"So, from the looks of both of you, Marwa told you that you'll be coming with us right?" My father-in-law said, and we nodded.

"Habib would be so happy to see his daughters. I don't understand you, girls, how can you stay away from your parents for so long? Asiyah comes here once every week to visit! I keep telling you to go to see your parents!" My mother-in-law said.

"We'll go now In sha Allah, mum. We'll make it a point, because I'm also beginning to miss my mum and Saamih," I said.

"I can just imagine that if it weren't for the fact that your dad has now moved to the headquarters and asked for you, you wouldn't have met him anytime soon," my father-in-law said.

"I really want you girls to go home and spend the day soon, alright? At least Asiyah will also have company when you go!" My mother-in-law said.

"In sha Allah, mum. In fact, we can go tomorrow if you don't mind?" Samiha asked.

"Why would I mind? In fact, I'll shoo the two of you away tomorrow! It's not fair that your parents don't get to see you! Your dad will see you today but what about your poor mum? She misses you so much, she said so herself when we spoke on the phone!" She said, smiling.

"Okay. Tomorrow In sha Allah then we'll go," I said.

We finished eating breakfast and then, we left the palace for the parking lot. We all climbed into one of my father-in-law's cars, which was a Maserati and headed to the company headquarters.

It wasn't a very long drive from where we stayed. We reached in about twenty minutes or so. The headquarters was a huge glass building. It was so impressive. I had already seen it on several occasions when we drove past it, but I had never been inside. I could barely hold my excitement because I finally wanted to see this place from the inside and I couldn't wait to see dad.

My father-in-law led the way, hand-in-hand with my mother-in-law, and the two of us followed behind them. The love that these two had was unbelievable. It was like they are still a newly-wed couple. They would still tease each other, and then go all sweet on one another. Never had I ever failed to see the love they had for each other in their eyes, whenever they were together. I prayed that someday, Arif and I could be like that, In sha Allah...

When we entered inside, I was mesmerised. The place was so busy with hundreds of people dressed in suits walking really fast. The building was air-conditioned and had a distinct but nice smell of coffee. Whenever the people would see my father-in-law, they would stand up if they are sitting, and if they are walking, they would stop walking, as a sign of respect. We walked by a huge desk with a 3 hijabi girls sitting there. I assumed they were receptionists. Not knowing that we were with our in-laws, they called over to us.

"Ma'am, you must come here and sign-in. You will get a visitor's pass and then you can proceed," one of them said.

My father-in-law turned around.

"Khadijah, it's alright. These are my daughters-in-law, and the new M.D's daughters. They don't need to sign-in or get a visitor's pass," he said.

"Oh, I'm so sorry. I didn't know," Khadijah replied.

We then followed my father-in-law to the elevator and he pressed the button to go to the 22nd floor, which was the top floor.

"We are going to my office. It's on the top floor. I'll call your father to come and see you there," he said.

"Okay, dad," Samiha replied for the two of us.

The elevator shot up, and we got out, and stepped on the marble floor. The walls of the entire building were made of glass.

"Dad, is it safe for the entire building to be made of glass?" I asked, remembering that Arif told me about the enemies and how they would go to any extent to destroy the Hamid family.

"Don't worry, dear. We have the whole building's glass bulletproofed," he said, smiling at me.

Oh, of course. Sometimes I keep on forgetting how rich my new family is! Of course they would bulletproof the glass! I felt relieved at that!

I saw a large door with a metal plaque reading Chief Executive Officer and the name Zakir Hamid under those words. We then entered my father-in-law's office. It was huge! There was a large desktop with a computer, and several other office items. At the back, there was a shelf filled with files. But the best part was the view. Since the walls were of glass, and the office was on the 22nd floor, the view from there was breathtaking. We could see nearly the whole town from there, well not the whole town, but close enough.

Samiha and I both walked around the office, admiring the view. There were some leather chairs, a huge conference table, a leather sofa set, and a lot of nice furniture. The office was so huge that in spite of all the furniture, it was still extremely spacious.

"Would you girls like some coffee?" My mother-in-law asked, gesturing to the coffee machine in the corner.

"Yes," we both replied.

"Go ahead and get whichever type of coffee you like. Feel free, this is all yours!" My father-in-law said, and we went to the coffee machine. I got myself some espresso and Samiha got a cappuccino.

"Let me call your dad to come over here. His office is on the 20th floor," my father-in-law said, dialing a number on the desk phone.

Wow, I really did love this place. And now that I had seen this office inside, I waited in anticipation for dad to come.

♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤

I have a target I have to meet for the day so excuse me for the not-so-long chapter.

I'm impressed by the cars these people drive. "One" of Mr. Hamid's many cars...and that too a Maserati! What about the rest?! And imagine, he gave a Mercedes-Benz and an Aston Martin to his daughters-in-law! Wow, this guy is rich! Yes, I have a craze of cars 😂

Good day people!