39

~*Mitch*~

I lay on the bed, staring up at the barren ceiling, and let out a huff. Boredom is the only thing going through my head at this time. My stomach hurts like hell, but it is nothing compared to the pain of having to lay here and do absolutely nothing. Why am I stuck in here doing nothing while my allies are out there getting hurt? I've fought with wounds worse than this!

"Hey, Jerome?" I look over at the male who was leaning against the wall beside me; his arms were crossed over his chest, and he didn't look very happy.

He didn't even let me finish what I was going to say. "No."

"You didn't even let me finish!"

"I don't need to." Jerome raises an eyebrow at me. "You want to see what's going on outside, and I say you can't."

"But Jerome," I whine before flopping my head back down onto the pillow dramatically. "I only want to see outside of wherever we are right now! I don't need to be outside-outside just yet. I'm just tired of this room."

"Right." Jerome shakes his head before letting out a sigh. "Fine. We can go outside of this room, but you're staying inside mister. Got that?"

"Yep!" I smile and sit up in the bed, ignoring the pain in my abdomen as I do so. "Anything is better than staying in here all day."

"I'm sure." Jerome shakes his head and lets out a small laugh before helping me out of the bed. "Just don't push yourself too much, ok? It's bad enough that you can barely sit up without wincing."

I feel my face flush in embarrassment as he wraps his arm around my waist to help me with standing upright. "You noticed that?"

"You didn't do a great job of concealing it." He shakes his head again as I wrap my arm around his shoulder. "Did you know that you're too stubborn for your own good Mr. Wasteland-born?"

"I'm well aware of that, but you love me anyways," I coo as he helps me out of the room.

"Keep thinking that if it makes you happy."

"Will do!"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Jerome leads me into the main area where the fight took place before sitting me in, a rather soft, chair. Afterwards, he runs off somewhere and Woofless appears in his absence. Woofless' looked tired as he looked around the room before laying his gaze on me. He seemed confused as to why I was sitting here.

"How long have you been sitting there?" Woofless asks, looking at me in curiosity. He sounded winded; like he just ran as fast as he could for a long period of time.

"Only a few minutes," I say with a small shrug. "Why?"

"Just curious." He takes a deep breath before clearing his throat, "have you seen Craft?"

"No, but I heard he was hurt. What happened?"

"Crazy Kaydee." The man shrugs before sitting down in a chair beside me. "She got ahold of a knife." My eyes widen with shock. Kaydee and knives doesn't paint a pretty picture.

"Is he alright?!"

"I don't know. That's what I came back here to find out about." Woofless crosses his arms and sinks back into his chair. "We don't have to worry about her and those dogs anymore."

"You finished her off?" I ask as Jerome walks back into the room, followed by Frags and a man who looked vaguely familiar.

"You've grown up, Benja," the new man says with a smile. "I remember when you could barely stand up by yourself. You're not that much different, taller, but you're still just as stubborn. You get it from your father."

"Whatever you say," I mutter, crossing my arms. "May I ask who you are exactly?"

"The name's Lone Wolf," the man states with a smile. "I'm a friend of your dad." Lone Wolf?

"He's the one who shot you," Jerome states, crossing his arms. "I brought him out here to apologize." So it was Lone Wolf after all...
I had a feeling it was him.

"The only people I need to apologize to are my son and Sniper, and I've already apologized to the both of them." Lone Wolf shrugs before taking the gun from Jerome's back pocket and inspecting it. "I believe this gun is yours Benja?" He looks at me in curiosity.

"He gave it to me." Jerome takes the gun out of Lone Wolf's hand and puts it back in his pocket. "I would appreciate it if you stopped taking my things."

"Can't help it." Lone Wolf shrugs. "I'm a curious father."

"You're not my father." Jerome narrows his eyes at Lone Wolf. I look at the two in confusion before realization hits me. Jerome looks a lot like Lone Wolf. They have the same nose, and the same eyes; the only visible difference is that Jerome's hair looks lighter than Wolf's. Lone Wolf's hair is mostly grey, but I can clearly see darker shade of brown in it.

"Whatever you say," Lone Wolf sighs before scratching the back of his neck, "I should be headed off now. I'll be with Snips if you need me."
_______________________

So this week was fairly eventful.

Long story short, I hurt the muscle the controls your breathing by hiccuping too hard, and was in a lot of pain for a whole day.

The lesson to be taught from my story: Don't underestimate the power of the hiccups. They can make it hurt to breathe.

Anyways,

Much Luv,

Mickey-Kenzie

P.s. I wrote this with my laptop, and not my phone. Long story.

(2018: That was the worst pain of my life.)